News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 GT350H Glove Box Manuals/Documents

Started by nightmist67, August 25, 2020, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmist67

What glove box manuals/documents are correct for a 1966 GT350H?

gt350hr

That is a tough question. I also feel it is different in the specific rental area. When I bought mine in '74 from the "2nd" owner , first being Hertz, all it had was the owner's manual. Others I looked at ( trying to buy "in the day" ) had nothing. So did the specific rental office remove them or were the contents stolen or thrown away? Look at a Hertz vehicle you rent today. It's hit and miss when I see the original stuff in the glove box. I would like to hear what others have for experience.
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: nightmist67 on August 25, 2020, 07:41:12 PM
What glove box manuals/documents are correct for a 1966 GT350H?
What should have been included in the car new was the Mustang owners manual ,66 Shelby owners manual ,and the 66 high performance manual. The Plexiglas care leaflet was most likely meant to be included too just like it was with regular 66 GT350.The leaflet is extremely rare to survive with regular GT350 . It would be even more rare to survive in a rental car. Actually the same can be be said for all of the glovebox documents in a rental car. Those items are what is expected in concours. Fortunately all of those items are available in very nice repro form. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

I think we have a couple of things going on here for a Hertz car. You have as likely delivered to Hertz, as delivered to the first owner after Hertz (first public sale) and as expected for judging. The judging one is easy as the rules are often designed to create a standard and guideline that is somewhat quick and easy to apply.  Too many exceptions create too much time and discussions but more details are added as the need arises if the need is seen. 

For Hertz specific cars you may have had some differences between regions since they were given some leeway to handle things like marking or identifying with their own methods as we have noted in other discussions so some regions likely the maintenance logbooks in the glove box also.

Don't think many prepare their cars to "as delivered to the first retail customer" and IMHO its likely there is a wide variety of what might be left after all those months but sure there were a fair number missing items plus there may have been advertisements or Hertz documents included in the sale that I've never seen.

I've got a similar issue since the wife's car only went to it's first retail customer after being assigned to the public relations officer at SA then as a demonstrator at a Chevy dealership and then back into the system and resold to the public as a used car. Not sure when and if any documentation or some was put into the car.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge