News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mach 1 with Shelby plate and under hood stickers

Started by Bigtphx, August 31, 2020, 02:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigtphx

Quote from: 5s386 on April 12, 2022, 12:53:34 AM
Quote from: Bigtphx on April 11, 2022, 12:08:54 PM
Quote from: 5s386 on April 10, 2022, 11:11:16 PM
I have pictures. It is now being restored. I will need permission from the owner to post pictures .
So new owner bought from Ellen, Bob's widow? What have you figured out about the car? What actually happened to it? Marti report verified vin was built as 70 GT 500

Yes. It looks like a 1970 Mach I with apron 1969 Shelby VINS and other signs of a past 1970 Shelby. Apparently has the original engine.

Bobs daughter was supposed to get car, but they had a falling out, and Bobs widow wouldn't even sell her the car. Have you figured out what happened to the car in its early years? Wrecked? Stripped?

Coralsnake

Okay those pictures are clearly 1970 Shelby numbers. Those are entirely proper for a 1970 Shelby.

If those numbers are on a 1970 chassis, then something is improper.

Can you post some overall pictures? Pictures of the rear quarter panels? Pictures of interior ? Tail light panel?

tesgt350

shelbymann1970

Door looks like a real 69-70 Shelby door because of the holes for the 69 data plate. Like Pete says more pics. Could have been a wrecked Shelby fixed with 70 Mustang parts for a few reasons. Do the shock tower vin numbers look welded in? Or is The Who tower look virgin with the numbers on it. Does the trunk have the bracket on pass side for space savor bottle?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Bigtphx

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 12, 2022, 07:06:20 AM
Okay those pictures are clearly 1970 Shelby numbers. Those are entirely proper for a 1970 Shelby.

If those numbers are on a 1970 chassis, then something is improper.

Can you post some overall pictures? Pictures of the rear quarter panels? Pictures of interior ? Tail light panel?
Pic of rear end

Coralsnake

Oh boy! Thanks for your continued input!

Somehow the front clip and the rear part got together!

Best case scenario someone made some creative repairs

So far your assessment looks spot on

shelbymann1970

What other pics do you have besides the rear? Side pics? Trunk pics? Front of the rad support pics? Top of the cowl pics? I only see a rear shot and no other pics.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Bill

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 12, 2022, 12:39:19 PM
Oh boy! Thanks for your continued input!

Somehow the front clip and the rear part got together!

Best case scenario someone made some creative repairs

So far your assessment looks spot on

I can remember a Boss 302 being repaired with a rear clip, base of front right windshield post across to left rear sail panel back in the 80's at an unnamed shop in the southern half of NJ.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

It certainly wouldn't be the first time two halves made a whole car. I looked at KR once and it puzzled the heck out of me, until I figured it out. It was cut on the A pillars

gt350shelb

more  pictures would help   but would not be suprised if it was wrecked and rebuilt  after someone picked shelby parts off of it .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Bigtphx

So any more info on the car? Figure out what happened or what was done to it?

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 12, 2022, 02:18:09 PM
It certainly wouldn't be the first time two halves made a whole car. I looked at KR once and it puzzled the heck out of me, until I figured it out. It was cut on the A pillars
Same with an Az 69 Mach1 CJ car I once looked at. I pencil traced a F-code 69 coupe Vin in the fender well  and then saw the welds under the car. Must of been hit hard in the front.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

5s386

I'm still waiting for the owner to give me an ok to post more pictures, and explain what was done to the Shelby to make it look like a 70 Mach I.

I personally inspected it recently, so no worries.

tesgt350

Quote from: 5s386 on May 05, 2022, 11:52:05 AM
I'm still waiting for the owner to give me an ok to post more pictures, and explain what was done to the Shelby to make it look like a 70 Mach I.

I personally inspected it recently, so no worries.

I don't think it was made to look like a Mach 1 since I don't see any Mach 1 items.

TA Coupe

Splicing cars together is very common. I know of a few Mustangs that have been done and there was a business close to where I worked and taking wrecked cars and cutting them in half and putting them back together was all they did. All the ones I saw were just common cars.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.