News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 KR 500 Cables

Started by Steve Z, August 31, 2020, 10:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Z

I am looking for a positive and negative cables for a KR 500 . Any recommendations for good repos or NOS? Thanks Steve

68blk500c

The positive repros available from the primary vendors are very good for the vast majority of car owners.  Originals are not fea$ible for a driver. 
A negative repro is the only option, really.  Few originals survived, in any condition. 

NOS i$ a whole other world.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68blk500c on August 31, 2020, 10:39:19 PM
The positive repros available from the primary vendors are very good for the vast majority of car owners.  Originals are not fea$ible for a driver. 
A negative repro is the only option, really.  Few originals survived, in any condition. 

NOS i$ a whole other world.
+1. Also be careful when looking for original because there are dishonorable people who knowingly advertise NOS or even original used POS  and NEG  cables for sale but in reality they are early Marti repro cables . FYI sellers even some of the more prolific ones may be selling the old repros unknowingly. The original wire and early Marti cables were slightly thinner gauge wire compared to the thicker then original Metric size gauge they now use (15-20 years now maybe) . What with a slight patina since they have been available from Marti for over 25 + years now they can be very convincing. Other slight nuance details like wire color shade and mold marks on the head are other differences. As mentioned the Negative cable are virtually non existent and if you find one new or even used and the insulation is not cracked for sale be extremely careful you are not buying a fake. The Marti cables are the best you can buy in reproduction form IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69mach351w

Didn't know that KR's had specific to 'KR only' battery cables.

Steve Z

Thank you for the replies.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 69mach351w on September 01, 2020, 07:07:15 PM
Didn't know that KR's had specific to 'KR only' battery cables.
I think the OP was giving application just in case it was relevant. It doesn't hurt to add application just in case there is a difference on the part inquiring about  . The same goes for Ford build.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69mach351w

Rukiddin

Would the number on Positive cable be same ( C7ZF-14300-A ) for all 68 Shelbys? I believe the early repo parts had paper tags instead of ink printing.

68blk500c

69mach351w

Quote from: 68blk500c on September 02, 2020, 03:59:19 PM
ink printing NOT paper tag.
rukiddin is right. I have some of the old positive repop cables that have the paper tag. They're over 25 years old.  One is on my 67 coupe daily driver😁

Rukiddin

After a few searches I think ALL 68 Shelbys came with the C7ZF-14300-A ,whether 350 ,500 or 500 KR. Is this true? Are you looking for original cable or ?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rukiddin on September 02, 2020, 07:32:11 PM
After a few searches I think ALL 68 Shelbys came with the C7ZF-14300-A ,whether 350 ,500 or 500 KR. Is this true? Are you looking for original cable or ?
Same C7ZF-A positive cable with minor differences on color of letters and mold marks over the years was used on all 67-70 Shelby's regardless of model.