News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Dating 6s843

Started by deathsled, November 01, 2020, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I took 6s843 out this morning on a date.  The grey, overcast sky, the cool crisp air and the leaves swirling behind me in the rearview mirror on a virtually deserted road were poetic.  Seeing her squat on the low slung chassis at the gas station was a sight beyond compare.  I can never get tired of this car.  Ever.  It is as if, as if my red Hertz were alive.  My Dorian Gray to the end...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Those words...you painted one helluva picture. Put me down to rent it next week

Quote from: deathsled on November 01, 2020, 10:29:58 AM
I took 6s843 out this morning on a date.  The grey, overcast sky, the cool crisp air and the leaves swirling behind me in the rearview mirror on a virtually deserted road were poetic.  Seeing her squat on the low slung chassis at the gas station was a sight beyond compare.  I can never get tired of this car.  Ever.  It is as if, as if my red Hertz were alive.  My Dorian Gray to the end...
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Will do so, Tony. She will be available at O'Hare after a wash and a wax. Lol!

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on November 01, 2020, 11:24:21 AM
Will do so, Tony. She will be available at O'Hare after a wash and a wax. Lol!

Please fill it up with premium and our credit card should be on file...
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Yes, yes, just a moment.  Yes, sir, you are on file.  Thank you for choosing Hertz.  Enjoy your rental.  (At the drag strip).

Tinface

Veeeerrrryyyyy NNNNIIIICCCCCCCEEEEEE---

I did the same thing yesterday in 6S2148. I felt great for hours afterwards. Such amazing machines aren't they. In stopped in a True Value hardware store in Los Alto, CA where I had seen a photo back in 2016 on the wall behind the cashier of two guys standing in front of a Blue 1966 GT 350 with white stripes. I excitedly asked about it; the cashier said "That's Mike's Shelby. Mike works here and is going to keep it until he is ready to retire --then sell it to fund his money for retirement. I thought it might be a 1965 which I would like to purchase. Anyone know of an original well documented one 1965 GT 350 for sale-- not at an auction house?

Mike wasn't there yesterday so I left my contact information with the manager Kirin. Kirin said he would pass it on to Mike when he cones in next week. I might find some fun!

Apparently Mike sent his Shelby to Nevada somewhere to get it painted because in Nevada they can still use good lead based paint instead of water based paints.

Further bulletins as news warrantees.

Mark

deathsled

At the Shell station. With the wheels turned there is like a quarter inch to spare rubber to fender lip. The perfect fit.