Author Topic: Original floor mats / 66 mustang? or somthing else?  (Read 5159 times)

Rukiddin

• View Profile
Re: Original floor mats / 66 mustang? or somthing else?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 07:51:56 PM »
Anybody got a picture of the early ones? Some with AUTOLITE markings?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »
Anybody got a picture of the early ones? Some with AUTOLITE markings?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 07:49:22 AM »
That is a dealer supplied mat during service work,not from factory to dealer. Maybe different assembly plants used different mats? What year/car line was that one from? The dealers I worked at ordered those,along with oil change stickers,mirror hang tags,wired parts tags,etc.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 03:18:08 PM »
That is a dealer supplied mat during service work,not from factory to dealer. Maybe different assembly plants used different mats? What year/car line was that one from? The dealers I worked at ordered those,along with oil change stickers,mirror hang tags,wired parts tags,etc.
I figured you knew that Autolite marked mats were used at the dealer and not typically in the cars from the factory. For that matter the mats with illustrations ,trademarks etc. were typically service dept mats. Given all you asked for was a mat with Autolite I didn't think there needed a distinction. I think I got a stack of them from a Ford dealer auction more then 30 years ago.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 07:19:53 PM »
Any of those old paper type pieces are extremely hard to find today. I had a similar Autolite piece, like yours,that some asshole stole at a show......along with an original,NOS 8-track cassette ,68 version. Not overnite,but during the day.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 07:45:17 PM »
Any of those old paper type pieces are extremely hard to find today. I had a similar Autolite piece, like yours,that some asshole stole at a show......along with an original,NOS 8-track cassette ,68 version. Not overnite,but during the day.
I hate to hear about things like that to happen at car shows . I have a unused extra . If you cover the shipping in a tube it is yours.PM me your ship to address if interested.

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2020, 08:35:46 PM »
Not specific to Shelbys, but just for reference. Ad from the back cover of the  '67 Car & Driver Yearbook, that also has a u.s.l.

GT500 on the front cover, discussed here before, published 1966.

Mike

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2021, 08:43:51 PM »
Floor mats were always an option from the dealer....whether through Ford,or local Blue Star,etc. and put in place by salesman,or endless possibilities. Some dealers had their own “service” mats made to put in place to pacify customers concerned about foot dirt/tracking and also get a little advertising At same time. Common to be made from low-cost,white paper with dealer logo/name. Dealers could order service mats from Ford to meet specs @discount.
 The ONLY mats that came directly from Ford assembly,pre-dealer,were those brown,”waffle” textured paper ones that were there to protect during transport. One wet/snow exposure usually reduced them to mush.
So,which floor mats fit your needs/wants? I saved these original Ford paper mats for my car for use at shows. The most durable ones are from Mustang parts stores,but not meant to score points.
I realize this is an older thread, but was wondering are the floor mats pictured original Ford with the rectangle Fomoco on the back?  And if a person could find them, what would he/she be looking to pay?

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2021, 08:17:37 AM »
Larger, clearer pic of what Mike posted - if that helps.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2021, 11:23:51 AM »
 ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2021, 11:31:42 AM »
Thanks Phillip, much better  ;)

Mike

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2021, 05:19:03 PM »
My post at reply #22 is referring to reply #6 floormats from Rukiddin.