Author Topic: 2021 MCACN Shelly Hertz Display  (Read 13832 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
2021 MCACN Shelly Hertz Display
« on: September 16, 2020, 11:06:22 AM »
In the world of muscle cars the MCACN show is the pinnacle of shows. I have been in contact with Bob Ashton about a display of Hertz cars for 2021.
First do you think there is enough interest ?
Second can we can enough cars to fill the display area
I would like to get one of each of the 66 colors, (black, white, green, red, and blue) plus at least one each of the 68-69 cars.
I have already gotten a few volunteers, a rare white and blue 66Hertz and a MCA and SAAC gold winning 1969 GT350
If you ever wanted to display your car at a show, this is the one !
If you have been to the MCACN show. You’ve probably seen the Studebaker and Nash Nutz displays, really cool cars but the Hertz Shelby’s are truly unique
So do you want to be a part of history ?
Send me your information and I’ll put it together and send to Bob Aston to see if we can make it work
Also looking for Hertz memorabilia (suit bag, drink glasses, signs, tote bags, etc) to display in a locked display case.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 MCACN Shelly Hertz Display
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 02:38:22 PM »
Need to know if anyone wants to be in the display, looking for a 1968 Hertz car, and  a blue/gold, green/gold, and red/gold 66 cars.
Bueler? Fry? , anyone?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

ITHERTZ

• View Profile
    • Custom Show Boards
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 09:16:09 PM »
Any love for the 2006, 2007, or 2016? 

« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:19:20 PM by ITHERTZ »

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 09:28:19 PM »

Dam, that looks great!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 08:35:06 AM »
Depends on if I can get enough space, beautiful car.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 09:45:32 AM »

Dam, that looks great!

+1. I love that year body style!
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 11:42:18 AM »
You got my vote....1 of 500 made....

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

hertz350

• 509-953-8400
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 09:20:00 PM »
I am interested. I have a 66 black with gold stripes. When is the event?
Own SFM6S1624, Black Hertz Automatic built 3/66 now concours trailered restored by Ken Degenstein. Former owner of 1042 a red Hertz automatic and 1643 a black automatic Hertz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 11:08:46 PM »
Next Nov 2021 the weekend before thanksgiving

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 08:59:22 PM »
I know that a bunch of a hertz cars are out there.
Contact me at Steve.w.Mcdonald@juno.com if you want to be part of the Hertz/Shelby Display at MCACN 2021, Bob Ashton has promised a prime spot,  Certificate of Appreciation, special signage and much more All we need is solid commitment for participants.
He also says the group be in the MCACN Magazine next year
We will also have a display of a Hertz memorabilia to showcase this truly unquiet blend of Muscle cars and rental car.
What can you bring to the party next Nov 20-21 2021?

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 01:07:45 PM »
Steve - maybe try to get something in a Club email blast or in the Shelby American... I think that I've been told that "not everyone is on the Forum"  ???
Good luck with what sounds like a great idea.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2020, 04:23:59 PM »
Thanks. That sounds like a great idea
Glad smart guys like you help keep old guys like me straight 😴

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 08:33:38 PM »
Bumping this again, still need more cars
I know they are out there and here’s a chance to be at the best indoor show you could ever show a car at.
Anyone interested ?

In the world of muscle cars the MCACN show is the pinnacle of shows. I have been in contact with Bob Ashton about a display of Hertz cars for 2021.
First do you think there is enough interest ?
Second can we can enough cars to fill the display area
I would like to get one of each of the 66 colors, (black, white, green, red, and blue) plus at least one each of the 68-69 cars.
I have already gotten a few volunteers, a rare white and blue 66Hertz and a MCA and SAAC gold winning 1969 GT350
If you ever wanted to display your car at a show, this is the one !
If you have been to the MCACN show. You’ve probably seen the Studebaker and Nash Nutz displays, really cool cars but the Hertz Shelby’s are truly unique
So do you want to be a part of history ?
Send me your information and I’ll put it together and send to Bob Aston to see if we can make it work
Also looking for Hertz memorabilia (suit bag, drink glasses, signs, tote bags, etc) to display in a locked display case.
[/quote]

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
2021 MCACN Shelly Hertz Display
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 09:49:19 AM »
If you have contacted me I have tried to reply to all.
The 2021 MCACN Hertz Collection Invitational is a go, but I need you to sign up at the MCACN web site ASAP, they are over 400 car already registered and the cut out is about 550
If we don’t get enough Hertz car signed up we lose the spot, I’ve had interest from a lot of people but if you have legit verified Hertz car this is the show to have it at. We have space for about 10-12 cars so sign up today at the MCACN site
It should be awesome. I have started collecting Hertz Memorabilia for the display case and it should have some really unique items but could always use more so if you have something you’d like displayed let me know
Be a part of history at the MCACN 2021 Show

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2020, 06:30:37 PM »
If you have contacted me I have tried to reply to all.
The 2021 MCACN Hertz Collection Invitational is a go, but I need you to sign up at the MCACN web site ASAP, they are over 400 car already registered and the cut out is about 550
If we don’t get enough Hertz car signed up we lose the spot, I’ve had interest from a lot of people but if you have legit verified Hertz car this is the show to have it at. We have space for about 10-12 cars so sign up today at the MCACN site
It should be awesome. I have started collecting Hertz Memorabilia for the display case and it should have some really unique items but could always use more so if you have something you’d like displayed let me know
Be a part of history at the MCACN 2021 Show

Giving this a bump
OK, it's official if you have a Hertz car and want to part of the 2021 Hertz Collection Invitational sign up now. The cutoff for cars attending is 550 and they are over 400 registrations already. This show will be a complete sellout. If we don't get enough registrations the space will go to others, so sign up now