News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford's, Mustangs and Shelbys in foreign lands

Started by FL SAAC, March 21, 2018, 08:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

It does seem a little odd that the French like performance cars from the US. I just sold my A sedan 66 coupe race car to a guy that is going to be enjoying the scenic French Riviera coastline with the wail of a highly tuned small block :) Way cool!

Quote from: 427heaven on July 03, 2018, 09:55:53 AM
It does seem a little odd that the French like performance cars from the US. I just sold my A sedan 66 coupe race car to a guy that is going to be enjoying the scenic French Riviera coastline with the wail of a highly tuned small block :) Way cool!
.    Nice is nice...Cannes not so much...

FL SAAC

Quote from: 557 on July 03, 2018, 09:34:33 AM
Oui,oui!Any idea if its a big block??(many liters of not so cheap fuel/and you think we have high gas prices....) :o

believe it's a 351 w
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: 427heaven on July 03, 2018, 09:55:53 AM

Europe, asia,  south , central americas and essentially the whole world is enamoured with our anerican culture.  the thrice in our 50s 60s 70s.  truly a shame that some americans just dont oniw how good we have it....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

zray

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on June 25, 2018, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: 557 on June 25, 2018, 09:55:53 AM
Cool photo( don't know about the"stars and bars"in background though)....

understand, but good or bad its American history

having lived and traveled in the South and Southwest USA most of my life, my observations of and conversations with the "stars and bars" crowd tell me that they are not trying to give a history lesson. But rather are voicing their desires to BRING BACK the days of Jim Crow at the least, and many openly are supportive of the slavery days.  Without getting too political, it's no secret to say that the current atmosphere has emboldened the white supremacy extremists to be more vocal and more visible.

Z

FL SAAC

Z, expect a call this afternoon from Charlie Daniels...

I have all UNGOLD cars

TOBKOB

Quotehaving lived and traveled in the South and Southwest USA most of my life, my observations of and conversations with the "stars and bars" crowd tell me that they are not trying to give a history lesson. But rather are voicing their desires to BRING BACK the days of Jim Crow at the least, and many openly are supportive of the slavery days.  Without getting too political, it's no secret to say that the current atmosphere has emboldened the white supremacy extremists to be more vocal and more visible.

Z, Having lived in the south my entire life and having ancestry that fought for the south but never owned slaves I must respectfully disagree with you  :)
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

zray

Quote from: TOBKOB on July 05, 2018, 10:10:18 AM
Quotehaving lived and traveled in the South and Southwest USA most of my life, my observations of and conversations with the "stars and bars" crowd tell me that they are not trying to give a history lesson. But rather are voicing their desires to BRING BACK the days of Jim Crow at the least, and many openly are supportive of the slavery days.  Without getting too political, it's no secret to say that the current atmosphere has emboldened the white supremacy extremists to be more vocal and more visible.

Z, Having lived in the south my entire life and having ancestry that fought for the south but never owned slaves I must respectfully disagree with you  :)

OK, I'll bite.  What message  do you think the "stars and bars" crowd are wanting to communicate by displaying their cherished symbol ? ?

Z

FL SAAC

Z, we dont be long to any group. My reflection is that it represents a time and place in American history. As far as my interpretation of this particular flag is as follows;

This was a battle flag flown by several armies in Virginia.
The particular layout is St Andrew's cross. A symbol that represents freedom and independence. The stars represent the states of the then Confedaracy.

Again a time and place in American history.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on July 05, 2018, 09:31:49 AM
.   And the Van Zant boys(oh that's right they're dead never mind)...

kjspeed

Quote from: 557 on July 05, 2018, 11:19:01 AM

Johnny and Donnie might have something to say about that...
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

FL SAAC

Quote from: 557 on July 05, 2018, 11:19:01 AM

the v z bros....taken down by the russians...

I have all UNGOLD cars

zray

In the '70's I met a few celebrity musician racists, some mentioned here, who happened to be from the south.

Not impressed.

....back to the stars & bars, yeah, we respectfully disagree on that.

Z

FL SAAC

Comprehend your point of view, but remember racism goes both ways.

Let's get back to that historic flag. First and foremost the Confederate Flag was never a national flag representing the South, it was a battle flag flown by several armies in Virginia. Even if it had been a national flag for the South, understand that the Civil War wasn't just over slavery, while it was the reason slavery ended, it was merely an excuse for the war. The North fought the war over money (the same reason we fight half the wars these days and excuse it by saying we're fighting for another cause. Plain and simple. When the South started Secession, Lincoln was asked, "Why not let the South go in peace?" To which he replied, "I can't let them go. Who would pay for the government?" Sensing total financial ruin for the North, Lincoln waged war on the South. The South fought the War to repel Northern aggression and invasion, because, and yes this is a true stereotype. The Confederate Battle Flag today finds itself in the center of much controversy. The cry to take this flag down is unjustified. It is very important to keep in mind that the Confederate Battle Flag was simply just that. A battle flag. It was never even a National flag, so how could it have flown over a slave nation or represented slavery or racism? This myth is continued by lack of education and ignorance. Those that villify the Confederate Battle Flag are very confused about history and have jumped upon a bandwagon with loose wheels. To touch on another subject, many say that it's a symbol of hate because it was flown over slave ships, and that's false but guess what was? The American flag. Many also say it was the KKKs flag... Google KKK.... You will see them flying the American flag more so than the Confederate Flag.The US flag flew over a slave nation for over 85 years! I'm not saying this to down the American Flag because I love it just the same. I'm simply saying that, if the Confederate Flag should be removed, why not the American Flag?? The North tolerated slavery and acknowledged it as a Division Of Labor. The North made a vast fortune on slavery and it's commodities. It wasn't until the South decided to leave the Union that the North objected. The North knew it could not survive without the Southern money.... And did you know? At the time the War of 1861 -1865 officially commenced, the Southern States were actually in the process of freeing all slaves in the South. Russia had freed it's servants in 1859, and the South took great note of this. Had military intervention not been forced upon the South, a very different America would have been realized then as well as now.

Racism is being projected onto the Confederate Flag, which is in return, continuing the division among us. Just because one racist lunatic supported the confederate flag, doesn't mean every person who supports it is a racist.
The rebel flag to me means home. Southern pride. Wheat fields, sunflower fields, deer hunting, hard work, trucks, racing, family, and pride in where I'm from. Born and raised here and damn proud of it. Ignorance "flies" both ways. An item can not be racist, unless you are an easily offended person, or racist yourself.
Just my opinion.

I have all UNGOLD cars