News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

SFM5S192 at Mecum Dallas

Started by Dkutz, October 06, 2020, 04:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygt350

Bob
Any idea about which car number the change took place?
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mygt350 on October 10, 2020, 11:07:37 AM
Bob
Sorry, I do not have a definitive answer. I am not surprised 192 has them . Getting close to the changeover.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

texas swede

As far as I understand the change over was on April 1:st 1965 and car #192 arrived at SA in LA that same day and must have been one of the last with the bezel around the opening.
Texas Swede

Chad

Quote from: Greg on October 07, 2020, 03:09:27 PM
Quote from: 69mach351w on October 07, 2020, 01:04:35 PM
What difference does it matter how many anyone owns. You guys beat all I've ever seen here!!  Some of you anyway. Geez!!

No idea why you got your panties in a twist.  The folks on here do try to educate but you look at it as nitpicking.  If you were interested in purchasing this car you would be reading this thread and trying to glean all you could from the guys that know.... at least I know I would. 

You say you would be happy to just own one, okay how about laying out $400K large of your hard money only to find out that the car (remember you were just happy to have one) was rebodied and worth $75K, I bet your tune would change then. 

So my advice, sit back, listen and learn.  That is what I try to do.

AMEN!

mygt350

There is so much information available on this site! Its not the site, its the people who are willing to share their knowledge with others. The glue is the history of the cars.  Thanks to all who took the time to run this piece of information to conclusion.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

J_Speegle

Quote from: mygt350 on October 10, 2020, 11:07:37 AM
Bob

Cars were not build in the same order as they were built/completed   as Mustangs so a car with a larger/higher Shelby VIN may have earlier features than a car with a lower Shelby number.

Got to go back to their Ford VIN and even there they were not built in sequential order nor do we have good records of when each was completed as we do with 67 and up built cars.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

texas swede

Hi Jeff,
You are correct but #192 can't have been built after April one as it arrived at SA that day. Also, most likely that
car is from the 201 series while the cars Martin and I own are in the 217 series and produced in the end of April.
Also both our cars have no signs of ever had the 65 type with a bezel around the opening.
Texas Swede

427hunter

This was a seagull thread - fly in s#!t all over the car and then flay away  ;D

Thanks to those who know early cars and set the record straight..
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years