News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Will add-on Paxton Supercharger changes

Started by 1969shelbygt350, March 21, 2018, 10:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969shelbygt350

Will it change the value of the Shelby price!!!

Thx

Paul

J_Speegle

Depends on the buyer if they would think the car has more value or less. Also the amount of cutting or modifications done to the car to make it work (and the cost of repairing that changes) would be something they would consider.

Personally, and in general it would no be something that would add any value for if I was looking for a car and might turn me off completely to purchasing the  unless the car was selling for less than the going rate

Just me but you asked ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

1969shelbygt350

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on March 21, 2018, 10:14:54 PM
Depends on the buyer if they would think the car has more value or less. Also the amount of cutting or modifications done to the car to make it work (and the cost of repairing that changes) would be something they would consider.

Personally, and in general it would no be something that would add any value for if I was looking for a car and might turn me off completely to purchasing the  unless the car was selling for less than the going rate

Just me but you asked ;)
+1 . A general viewpoint in the collector car world is figure how much is it going to take to put it back stock original.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

zray

If you are talking about adding the 1960's ball drive type Paxton, then it very simple to put the car back into the previous incarnation,  3 or 4 hours work.

I wouldn't add the Vintage Paxton with the purpose of increasing the monetary value when sold.

But if you are just wanting to add another dimension of enjoyment , then do it.  I drove a '66 GT350 about 85,000 miles over an 11 year period with a vintage Paxton installed. The extra kick it provides is very addictive.

There are a few issues they crop up if you are wanting to get 100% out of it, but nothing insurmountable if you are willing to do a little experimentation.

Z

George Schalk

If you are not trying to go concourse and like to drive your Shelby and want to add a Paxton blower to your Shelby...then install it!!  The modifications are minimal and can easily be reversed.  The only modification is a hole that will need to be cut into the radiator support to run the original style air cleaner can (or you can run the K&N open filter).  It will not add any value to your Shelby nor decrease the value, but you will enjoy the heck out of it!  Just make sure you hang on to the original components that will need to be replaced, I.e. carburetor, fuel pump, and air cleaner assembly.   

Bigfoot

^^
What these last two guys said.
Plenty of people here have them on their car.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Dizzy

This is a bolt-on that I feel adds to the mystique of a Shelby ,but with a little attitude. No cutting ,or welding required. I added 10 spokes too............ ;D

terlingua11

The guy to talk to about it if your going to do it is Craig Conley. He can steer you in the right direction with them.

http://paradisewheels.biz/power/
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Sixx7shelby

I run a vintage Paxton, like stated before it's easy to install and remove other than hole in radiator support if you use original style air filter housing. Once dialed in they are a lot of fun. Craig Conley is the go to guy.
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

1969shelbygt350

There's a car I'm looking at it. It has Paxton supercharger. It doesn't have the original air cleaner or components associated with it

Thx

Paul

Sixx7shelby

Quote from: 1969shelbygt350 on March 22, 2018, 02:30:22 PM
There's a car I'm looking at it. It has Paxton supercharger. It doesn't have the original air cleaner or components associated with it

Thx

Paul

Do you have a engine pic?
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

1969shelbygt350

pbf777

If someone is interested, EBAY item #273106222866 OEM 65-66 VINTAGE PAXTON/SHELBY SUPERCHARGER KIT.

Scott.

P.S. I didn't say it was cheap!     ::)

Shelby_r_b

Admittedly, this is a very ignorant question:  what are some of the noticeable differences that you get with a Paxton? 

Followed only by another ignorant question - for those who have had them installed... was it worth the expense?

...inquiring (aka ignorant) minds want to know.  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!