News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

a few questions for 1604

Started by Cjc6566, October 13, 2020, 11:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cjc6566

Members,

A few questions-

I read the recent post about Scott Fuller exhaust systems which was helpful and has sent me down the path of replacing mine.  As I request date code specific from Scott what would be the appropriate date code for exhaust on 1604 which was delivered in April built during the first half of March. 

Last question, as winter approaches I was planning on taking out the radiator and alternator given Jim Cowles is closed ( note on front page of his web site) where are the next best location(s) to send these two items out for repair / rebuilding.

Thanks

Cory James
owner of 1604 Hertz / Portland Oregon

J_Speegle

Given that mufflers for your car are the same as any dual exhaust Mustang built at San Jose in 66  the inventory would have been readily available at the plant and the provider would have made them on a more regular schedule. Given that there is only month and year it makes the process of choosing a bit easier than some other parts that make up your car. With that said I would ask to have them dated (or find some he has dated) in the 1-2 month period prior to the months found on the sheet metal panels that make up your engine compartment or the latest panel date of an original unibody panel that makes up your car.

Guessing that you got the "built during the first half of March" from comparing the Ford VIN to other 66 San Jose Mustangs with similar VINs and their scheduled - not built - dates that have been published.  The panel dating may help and provide some additional dates to work with

Process is not perfect but it is at least based on findings and other dates present on your car rather than complete guesses IMHO

Just an opinion but hope this helps
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Cjc6566

Jeff-

Thank you helps a bunch.

Yes -I used the ford vin cross referenced with confirmed dates of other Hipo Mustangs to get the ball park.

Thanks for the help

Cory James
owner of 1604 Hertz / Portland Oregon