News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

428CJ Distributor Primary Wire

Started by Craner, October 15, 2020, 07:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craner

Wanted NOS or factory correct design with push on white insulation.
This is the wire that connects from to points to the coil.
Thank you
Fran

Coralsnake

I think I have a reproduction, drop me a note if that works for you and I will send one over.

gt350hr

I have some NOS but I need to check the color . I know I have (incorrect) green , but might have a white one. Be patient as I have them "stashed" away.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Royce Peterson

https://www.deadnutson.com/1968-71-autolite-distributor-lead-single-points/

Quote from: Craner on October 15, 2020, 07:21:32 PM
Wanted NOS or factory correct design with push on white insulation.
This is the wire that connects from to points to the coil.
Thank you
Fran
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Rukiddin

I have not seen an accurate repo,including that one.
Easiest way to spot a repo is the high gloss insulation used (silicone material). Second is the detail of the molded connector. The genuine part has a small "nub" on the elbow from manufacturing. Repo has no nub. The repo also has a very white molded end,and genuine has a slightly more off-white color.
Examples

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rukiddin on October 16, 2020, 01:34:55 PM
I have not seen an accurate repo,including that one.
Easiest way to spot a repo is the high gloss insulation used (silicone material). Second is the detail of the molded connector. The genuine part has a small "nub" on the elbow from manufacturing. Repo has no nub. The repo also has a very white molded end,and genuine has a slightly more off-white color.
Examples
You can dull down the shininess of the wire with fine steel wool .There is not much you can do about the mold nub however. I am still glad the repro one is available even though it is not 100%. We did without for decades .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Special Ed

That dist wire was used in other engines besides 428 cj.  The ford part # was c7vy  so 67 and up ford cars.