Author Topic: Clear Bra in LA area  (Read 4318 times)

werthie

• View Profile
Clear Bra in LA area
« on: August 24, 2020, 09:42:51 PM »
Hey all . . .  I'm going on a road trip with 6S929, and i'd like to get some paint protection on the front valence, around the headlights, behind the rear wheels, and maybe on the leading edge of the hood, as well . . .  does anyone have a suggestion for where to go for installation?
thanks!
alan

davez

• View Profile
Re: Clear Bra in LA area
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:07:12 PM »
I install on the east coast. Make sure whoever you use can predraw their own patterns and designs. You don't want them cutting the material on the car. There aren't any patterns available for our cars so you would have to find someone up to the task.
dz

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 07:19:00 AM »

An option if you are up to it is temporary clear bra that is removable. It's made by Xpel and was designed for track use, but works equally on road cars for temporary use.

https://www.xpel.com/shop/paint-protection-film/tracwrap

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 12:42:12 PM »
California Car Cover catalog shows a "Road Wrap Kit" FYI.  I have no experience with it, just noticed it.

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »
Alan, I've used Bain as he is mobile and does a great job. I paid $1,000 to wrap the front of my 458 Ferrari. That's a lot more difficult that throwing some clear wrap on a Mustang. 310.613.3978

-Jay

werthie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 06:27:10 PM »
hi jay . . .  many thanks for the recommendation!

alan

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 03:58:31 PM »
Alan, also if you need to get the windshield wrapped. 760.403.2525.

werthie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 07:25:31 PM »
Bain was at my house from 1 to 7pm yesterday putting clear bra on the front of my Shelby, down the rocker panels and behind the rear wheels.  Great job. Super well-organized and fully-equipped.  I was very impressed.
Highly recommended.
alan
6S929

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 07:50:54 AM »
please post some pics of it, I would like to see it.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

werthie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 03:14:22 PM »
hi kent . . .  the beauty here is that the clear film is invisible, other than -- if you look closely -- right behind the rear wheels.  otherwise, the film covers the front valence, the headlights and surrounding areas, and the rocker panels right below the GT350 stripe.  none of these will show up in pictures. 

alan

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 03:46:44 PM »
Alan,

Did they tell you how best to care for it?  I bought a Ford GT a couple of months ago that has a clear film over the entire car.  I'm afraid to use the wrong cleaning method and scratch it or make it hazy.  I've been meaning to stop by the local shop for advice, but haven't had time.  Thanks.

werthie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 05:26:14 PM »
the entire car?  yikes . . .  i got no special instructions, other than to wait 4-5 days before "washing" to let everything cure . . .  i never wash, but just use Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer or Quik Wax . . .  you might give Bain a call . . . his number is in this thread:  310.613.3978

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 07:13:25 AM »

Clear bra needs a little different technique for cleaning and maintaining it's appearance. Here is a good tutorial explaining the cleaning method, for very light dust I use a waterless wash and Microfiber cloths and a sealant to protect the clear bra. The method for applying a wax or sealant is the same as if you were washing, straight line application and removal.

https://www.ammonyc.com/videos/how-to-clean-and-protect-clearbra/

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 04:24:34 PM »
you guys and your clear bras! I drive my car like CS intended it to driven!