Author Topic: 6S1341 - On Bring A Trailer  (Read 13570 times)

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 6S1341 - On Bring A Trailer
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2020, 05:42:03 PM »
Unless I am missing something, this car can be restored pretty easily by someone that has the tools and knows how.  I think where folks get tripped up is because they have to pay someone to do it.  If that is your circumstance then no, this particular car doesn’t make sense for you.  The days of finding a rusty 66 for $15k was 20 years ago. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2020, 05:59:31 PM »
Mr Speegle, looks like we are on the same wave length. Been to a few rodeos and I am done with romanticism. Many call me blunt, but at this point in my life, I am not  running for office.

1 Your labor (even if you know how to do it) has a value

2 The time to do it ( time away from your job, family, etc) you are exchanging this for that.  You will never ever regain it

3 present value of your 98,500 ($100k) money that you will have tied up until you finish your work of art. What 2, 3, 4, 5 years

4 plus the additional fund's to resurrect this zombie

5 end of journey you will be at or close to $300K

Oh but the satisfaction of doing it.....please ❗🤣😂🤣 LMAO

I rather shell out $125 / 150,000 today and ride today. Tomorrow is definitely not guaranteed 

Again congratulations to the seller!

This will be the first 1966 that will be over $300K if properly done, congratulations to the lucky seller  !

Think that might be the cost of doing the car especially if farmed out and in the end it will likely be a collection of parts rather than something that reflects what an original car would look like. Time will tell but believe money could have been better spent with another choice. Just an opinion
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2020, 07:27:43 PM »
Mr Speegle, looks like we are on the same wave length. Been to a few rodeos and I am done with romanticism. Many call me blunt, but at this point in my life, I am not  running for office.

1 Your labor (even if you know how to do it) has a value

2 The time to do it ( time away from your job, family, etc) you are exchanging this for that.  You will never ever regain it

3 present value of your 98,500 ($100k) money that you will have tied up until you finish your work of art. What 2, 3, 4, 5 years

4 plus the additional fund's to resurrect this zombie

5 end of journey you will be at or close to $300K

Oh but the satisfaction of doing it.....please ❗🤣😂🤣 LMAO

I rather shell out $125 / 150,000 today and ride today. Tomorrow is definitely not guaranteed 

Again congratulations to the seller!

This will be the first 1966 that will be over $300K if properly done, congratulations to the lucky seller  !

Think that might be the cost of doing the car especially if farmed out and in the end it will likely be a collection of parts rather than something that reflects what an original car would look like. Time will tell but believe money could have been better spent with another choice. Just an opinion

Tony, I hear what you are saying but that also applies to the 8092 posts you present on here.  There is a cost of your time and if you factored that, and the time it takes away from your family etc.. it really isn't worth it for you to be here.....Humm... see what I mean, because at the end of the day, you don't have any monetary gain to show for it, at least they (the new owners of this 66 do :-).  Just because you have been down the restoration path and didn't enjoy doing so doesn't mean that others don't. Quite frankly how awesome would it be for the new owner and their teenage son/daughter to spend quality time bringing her back to life and having memories that last.   
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 08:02:40 PM by Greg »
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Blackcar

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2020, 08:47:04 PM »
I had the opportunity to purchase some of the NOS parts that were gathered for this car by the sellers father some time before the estate made the decision to sell the car, it was well sold.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 08:51:06 PM by Blackcar »

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2020, 08:51:40 PM »

Tony, I hear what you are saying but that also applies to the 8092 posts you present on here.  There is a cost of your time and if you factored that, and the time it takes away from your family etc.. it really isn't worth it for you to be here.....Humm... see what I mean, because at the end of the day, you don't have any monetary gain to show for it, at least they (the new owners of this 66 do :-).  Just because you have been down the restoration path and didn't enjoy doing so doesn't mean that others don't. Quite frankly how awesome would it be for the new owner and their teenage son/daughter to spend quality time bringing her back to life and having memories that last.   
Very insightful.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

csx289

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2020, 09:21:18 PM »
I had the opportunity to purchase some of the NOS parts that were gathered for this car by the sellers father some time before the estate made the decision to sell the car, it was well sold.

Blackcar do you know if the family decided or was told the car was too far gone which made their decision to sell off the parts and the car independently of each other? Certainly from a financial standpoint especially with this auction result a stroke of genius but I'm curious as to why they pulled the plug.

As an aside I also just today realized that I have spent far too many years preaching the importance of original metal!

-Colin

tomhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2020, 09:34:40 PM »
I will sit in the Church of originality all day long.

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2020, 09:51:28 AM »
That selling price was eye opening.  :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »
That selling price was eye opening.  :o

Guessing it was the color, transmission and matching numbers that pushed it that high?

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2020, 11:54:26 AM »
     Hopefully, it doesn't fall victim to the quick-and-dirty "REBODY" program.          :o

It might prove interesting to see how long before it reappears in a "restored-original" condition for sale again.             :-\

Scott.

sfm5

• SAAC Member
  • Great White North
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2020, 03:37:41 PM »
     Hopefully, it doesn't fall victim to the quick-and-dirty "REBODY" program.          :o

It might prove interesting to see how long before it reappears in a "restored-original" condition for sale again.             :-\

Scott.

Yes, I too noticed all the advice from the BaT peanut gallery to rebody. Unfortunately the "R" word follows these cars like stink on a skunk (and rightfully so), so the future value will forever be greatly diminished.
65 GT350

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »
Guessing it was the color, transmission and matching numbers that pushed it that high?

Won't be "matching numbers" after the rebuild one would assume. But of course it depends on your definition of the term. Like rebuilt, restored, original ...... they mean different things to different people
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbyhertz66

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2020, 06:54:53 PM »
Re bodying this would be terrible in more than one way.
The original body or as much a possible needs to be retained and fixed , as
painful and drawn out as the procedure will be.  If they choose the
easy way out they will regret it later.   But wait there is always the survivor class.

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2020, 10:21:20 PM »
I don't believe that selling price - if it's real lets see if the new owner shows up here or the car gets relisted...
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2020, 10:32:12 PM »
SAAC decal adds priceless value.   8)