News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Paxton Fuel Pressure Gauge

Started by TJinSA, October 25, 2020, 06:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJinSA

http://ebay.us/Mm17nS?cmpnId=5338273189 Bidding opened at $99.99

In full disclosure it's mine; taken out of my car as itis incorrect (naturally). "OEM Paxton Supercharger 2 1/8" Fuel Pressure Gauge 0-15# circa late 70s. Condition is "Used".-- 2 ⅛" PAXTON fuel pressure gauge, 0-15 psi, of unknown vintage (but older than 37 years of known ownership) taken out of a '66 GT350 it was incorrect for.  Displays the three red 'V' sparrows after 'PAXTON'.  Face is bright and defect free.  Reads accurately; S-W 240A fuel pump was bench tested for 5 psi, an under-hood gauge read 5 psi, and this gauge read 5 psi when all were installed together in the car. The needle rests a needle-width above zero with no pressure applied.  The only fault I can see is found under a good light at the 3 o'clock position along a 12 mm arc, about 0.5 mm wide. There is a bubble in the original paint and some veining growing along the edge (see photo).  On the back, there is some discoloration of the thin nickel(?) plating from handling.  If you stick the port up your nose it smells of gas(oline).  If your head is up your bumm, you'll smell gas as well.  It has been always installed old-school with a thin copper pipette line directly to a carburetor or fuel line.  THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR AN INTERNAL LIGHT SOURCE IN THIS GAUGE!!! "
Tom Kubler
6S296