News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Correct gaskets (and spacer?)For autolite carb on engine

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, June 08, 2021, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Does anyone have a source and pictures of the correct gasket and or spacer that goes on a 1966 car with the autolite carb.   It seems like every gasket set up I try eventually has a vacuum leak under the carb
This would be the gasket between the carb and the intake
Thanks
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

S7MS427

Steve,

I think this was discussed a couple (or more) months back (which I cannot now find).  I'm using a phenolic 1/4 inch thick I picked up from Summit.  Two of any base plate gasket should also work.  You may have to install longer studs to compensate for the increased stack-up thickness.  I'll try to chase down additional information for you later today.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

6T6/7

I was struggling with vacuum leaks with my carb (although mine is the Holley, not Autolite). However, I'll mention the solution I ended up with is "Carburetor Mounting Gasket (Thick Style)" thru Virginia Mustang. Its about an 1/8 thick rigid material.  I noted the gasket bore sizes and spacing are a good match to the Cobra intake.
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

Thanks for the info. I may have ti try the longer studs as the original ones are short
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Quote from: 6T6/7 on June 08, 2021, 05:10:06 PM
I was struggling with vacuum leaks with my carb (although mine is the Holley, not Autolite). However, I'll mention the solution I ended up with is "Carburetor Mounting Gasket (Thick Style)" thru Virginia Mustang. Its about an 1/8 thick rigid material.  I noted the gasket bore sizes and spacing are a good match to the Cobra intake.

I've used that gasket when I have the Holley on the car , works well. Now if I can get the Autolite to work as well the world would be a better place ( at least for me 😀)

Don Johnston

I've used that gasket when I have the Holley on the car , works well. Now if I can get the Autolite to work as well the world would be a better place ( at least for me 😀)
[/quote]

What he said on all counts! 8)

S7MS427

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on June 08, 2021, 08:41:21 AM
Does anyone have a source and pictures of the correct gasket and or spacer that goes on a 1966 car with the autolite carb.   It seems like every gasket set up I try eventually has a vacuum leak under the carb.
This would be the gasket between the carb and the intake.
Thanks
Steve,
I found the thread.  Way more than just a couple of months back.  How about July 2020.  Anyway, here is the link with all the information you'll need. https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=11191.0
Roy Simkins
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817

S7MS427

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on June 08, 2021, 08:28:11 PM
Thanks Roy, missed you Carlisle this past weekend
Steve, really didn't go except to deliver parts on Sunday due to my wife getting her second Covid shot on Saturday.  She has a depressed immune system and I can't risk bringing something back to her.  Will see you at the Lehigh show in September.
Roy Simkins
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817