News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Captured Ray Wolff's business card. Thank you Vernon.

Started by deathsled, November 01, 2020, 08:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Seeing as my car was invoiced to Hi Performance Motors, I saw it fitting to acquire Ray Wolff's business card.  Rest assured, it will be put into a preservation frame with ultraviolet resistant glass for my work desk and be made a part of my automotive shrine hereof.  Thanks to Mr. Estes.

Best,

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

Side-Oilers

Cool card for sure, Richard.

I wonder how pissed Carroll was when he noticed someone spelled his name wrong. 

Maybe yours is one of the few surviving cards.  I can imagine CS dumping the rest in the trash and setting them ablaze.  No matches or Zippo lighter required...he just used his "colorful vocabulary" to ignite them.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

deathsled

That and I think on the Cobra keychain there is or was a dispute over whether the return address was correct, no? Funny thing. Wrong means it's original. Correct means it's fake. Crazy world.

gt350hr

For those of you who never met or knew Ray , he was very down to earth and matter of fact. His own shop , Ray's High Performance , was a treasure trove of original 62-67 SAI parts. Anything was for sale and his prices were very affordable. I spent every extra dollar I had there until his untimely passing. I still have some of those items today. He was all about the cars.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

427hunter

Someone printed up a batch of those cards some years back, I remember seeing them at Knotts. Those are fun trinkets to have..
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427hunter on November 02, 2020, 01:05:55 PM
Someone printed up a batch of those cards some years back, I remember seeing them at Knotts. Those are fun trinkets to have..
FYI so that there is no confusion, the ones Vern has sold came from a buy out of items from the Ray Wolff estate.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

As I said, the card will go in a preservation frame with ultraviolet proof glass to be worshipped every February 14th (the first race and the first race won by a G.T. 350). The flying Mustang lives.
Thanks for preserving the record, Bob. Vernon sells top notch stuff.