News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Roof rail moulding rivets

Started by davez, May 02, 2020, 11:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davez

Are these additional rivets correct for my 66 350? They are visible , not hidden by the weather strip track. They look possibly added  to tighten up the stainless trim. They are on both sides of the car mid roof. Spacing looks inconsistent left to right.  I have another 66  that does not have them. Were they added as a warranty tsb type issue?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: davez on May 02, 2020, 11:45:09 PM
Are these additional rivets correct for my 66 350? They are visible , not hidden by the weather strip track. They look possibly added  to tighten up the stainless trim. They are on both sides of the car mid roof. Spacing looks inconsistent left to right.  I have another 66  that does not have them. Were they added as a warranty tsb type issue?

I think that they were added as a past owner type issue.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

S7MS427

Quote from: davez on May 02, 2020, 11:45:09 PM

I have the same rivets on both sides of my Hertz car. I've always wondered what the significance of them were.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

greekz

There are the same rivets on #1134.  Wondering if it is a production sequence variant. 
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339