News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68' Vert - rear glass seal

Started by chipchambliss, November 04, 2020, 10:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipchambliss

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to repair the hinged joint in the rear glass?  I'm not sure if this is original glass or not so I included a pic of that labeling there as well.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Chip - 3813

Bob Gaines

Quote from: chipchambliss on November 04, 2020, 10:01:37 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation on how to repair the hinged joint in the rear glass?  I'm not sure if this is original glass or not so I included a pic of that labeling there as well.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Chip - 3813
Yes, Corning was the OEM mfg for 68-70 Shelby/Mustangs convertible top glass before losing the contract to PPG shortly after.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68blk500c

I'm guessing from your photo that the top has shrunk over time, when combined with old silicone, the hinge split.  The glass silicone hinge can be refurbished, but the shrunken vinyl will have to taken into account, or you have the same old stress as before. 

Your original rear glass is quite desirable; please keep it if you replace the top.