News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Newbie from Germany

Started by Speed Six, November 04, 2020, 10:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speed Six

Hi everybody - my name is Ralf....and I am from Germany.
I am a new Mustang owner, not an original Shelby, unfortunately, but of a tribute, clone or whatever one might call it.
I have thought a few days about mentioning at all after reading the discussions about tribute cars on another topic, but why not..
I would never tell anybody that it is an original, nor does it have a fake VIN tag or GT350 badge. Unfortunately, it did get all the GT350 stripes a few years ago in France, I am still unsure about them - none of them are painted, so easily removable.
Car has been modified quite good in the USA by former owners, mostly Shelby parts. I started putting on more 350R replica parts. I am a big fan of GT350 R models - but my funds would not stretch to an original or a genuine GT350.
I do hope, some of you might understand this.
I also will be asking some questions about details - here on this forum are so many knowledgable people, I did learn a lot already reading the last months.

Cheers,
Ralf

chris NOS

Hi Ralph , you are welcome!! No problem with replica when the owner doesn't try to pass it for a real one !

deathsled

Quote from: Speed Six on November 04, 2020, 10:09:01 AM
Hi everybody - my name is Ralf....and I am from Germany.
I am a new Mustang owner, not an original Shelby, unfortunately, but of a tribute, clone or whatever one might call it.
I have thought a few days about mentioning at all after reading the discussions about tribute cars on another topic, but why not..
I would never tell anybody that it is an original, nor does it have a fake VIN tag or GT350 badge. Unfortunately, it did get all the GT350 stripes a few years ago in France, I am still unsure about them - none of them are painted, so easily removable.
Car has been modified quite good in the USA by former owners, mostly Shelby parts. I started putting on more 350R replica parts. I am a big fan of GT350 R models - but my funds would not stretch to an original or a genuine GT350.
I do hope, some of you might understand this.
I also will be asking some questions about details - here on this forum are so many knowledgable people, I did learn a lot already reading the last months.

Cheers,
Ralf
Viele herzliche grüße aus Chicago.
Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Welcome to the gang.   I like the look of no rear bumper plus the exhausts through the valence.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Speed Six

Thank you all for your welcome.
One more photo from inside.😉

deathsled

Loving the R model gauges. Prima. Sehr kool.

Speed Six

deathsled

Bitte schön. Woher kommen Sie? Im Süd? Nordland oder? Ich fliege nach Deutschland in zwei Woche. How bad is the lockdown under Merkel?

Speed Six

I am 15 Km southwest of Nuremberg in Bavaria.
Lockdown concerns entertainment and restaurants/bars/cafes at the moment for November.
Shopping and daily life isn't too much influenced. You need to wear masks and kerp distance (5 feet, if I am correct).
Where you're going to ?

deathsled

Nach Padingbüttel way up on the north sea to see my son for his Geburtstag. He is turning 12 years old. You are a bit of a distance from Nurburgring I take it. How do the Germans react to your car? The younger crowds in my area act as if they are in a coma and barely notice mine. Some do. Most don't even want to learn how to drive.
Bis später.
Es freut mich dich kennenzulernen.

Speed Six

Your German is very good !
We are about 500 km away from Nürburgring, but I have bern there quite often, but not yet with the Mustang (only with pre war racers, would you imagine!).
Germans mostly like the car, for some it is a bit too unsilenced....😛
Hope you can enjoy the Party - and Corona doesn't interfere too much .
Nice meeting you here !

deathsled

Ebenso Ralf. I know enough German to get me in trouble. Keep in touch.
Alle beste,
Richard Elsliger

Speed Six

mark p

Very Sharp Car  8)
Welcome aboard and good luck with it.

Mark
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Speed Six