News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Is there a cupholder that will work in this car?

Started by shelbymom, November 05, 2020, 07:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymom

My husband and FIL own a 65 GT350 and my husband mentioned there is nowhere to put  cup when he drives it. Is there a cupholder that will work in this car?

CSX 4133

Try a search for a door mounted cup holder. They mount into the top of the door window channel and are removable.

8T03S1425

Never had a '65 GT350, but when I had a '66, my passenger was pretty good at holding drink. Worked for any size cup, bottle, or can, hot or cold, and never spilled a drip. Should be okay for a '65. Worked in my '68 also, even with the shoulder belts.  ;D
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.

jerry merrill

I used the lightweight Cobra racing cup holder that folds flat when not in use (actually from a C-141B aircraft) in my replica R-model

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

You could drive the GT350 and have him hold your beverage of choice
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

69mach351w

I like the $1.99 holder from Napa😉

Besides it will hold something besides a skimpy 12 oz can drink. I use one in my 67.

dbm350

I have one that slides into the ash tray slot. Works well. I think NPD has them in their catalog.

Tinface

I think you should probably sell that car. You'll just be disappointed with any optional cup holder. In fact, I'm looking for a 1965 gt350.

gjz30075

I got one from one of the big box stores and modified it.   The 'leg' was vertical but didn't take much to 'fix' it.
Greg Z
6S2249

shelbyluva

I like to wedge my drink in between the curved back of the passenger seat, the transmission tunnel, and the trunk upright panel in the Cobras. No coffee spills in a few thousand miles of Cobra tours with this amazing built-in cup holder. I'm sure the engineers at AC designed this location for my 16 ounce latte.

Unfortunately, the Ford designers were a step behind and probably figured that we'd be too busy shifting gears or something.  I'm relegated to holding the cup awkwardly between my legs in the GT350's. When I got pulled over last month for a little too much stoplight action piloting 6s754 against my wife driving 6s322, my coffee was stationed in precisely that location. The cop was staring at my coffee, or at least I hope that is what he was looking at!  Whatever he was looking at, he dismissed us after a couple words of dissatisfaction regarding our antics.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert