Author Topic: Anyone else see the pictures of the supposed 99 point car in for sale section  (Read 14355 times)

427heaven

• View Profile
Ron-  To address a few issues here, as we get older many begin to complain harder , louder , and faster. I for one became a fan of HP FORDS after attending some of your early shows at your business back in the day. Your involvement in the performance Ford world was a special place for many to be a part of. I seemingly spent every paycheck to make my cars faster, cooler than all of my buddies because of your involvement of the hobby. I bought, sold, traded, many engines and components with you over the years, and learned what worked and didnt work with different engine combinations. The engine that sits in the engine bay of my 67 currently was a HOLMAN MOODY 427 medium riser with race history behind it it. This is the engine combo that I hope to be the fastest original SHELBY, besting the super snakes speed of 175 mph. You planted the seed for a pimply faced teenager... With a need for speed! As a side note on occasion you would make your way out to the valley where we street racers would gather with your 67... HIGH RISER bad boy and tell everyone it was a worn out 390! ;D Ahh lessons learned for those that paid attention. One of my last dealings with you, I brought 2 HOLMAN MOODY 427 cammers, that were crate engines. One was an injected version making over 700 hp the other was a dual quad version making around 650 hp. Glad your still involved with the hobby, dont let the small stuff get to you. Be healthy , be safe. ;)

gbart14

• View Profile
Well said.
SAAC Northwest President, current - 5S243 plus 65 Mustang coupe track car plus 2016 GT350, past 6S286

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
As a former judge I would throw this out there...

Most of the nicest concours Gold cars score around 94-96%. So if you are going to make a claim you have a 99 percent car and it has never been judged nationally, you should expect some blow back.

I believe the original poster asked for criticism.

Just my observation from reading this thread.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:17:20 AM by Coralsnake »

Clone65

Criticism...Critique... close but 2 different meanings.
SUPER NICE CAR!!!

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Criticism...Critique... close but 2 different meanings.
SUPER NICE CAR!!!
LOL !!

joephil

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else see the pictures of the supposed 99 point car in for sale section
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2021, 09:41:59 AM »
She is now in France: the 6 ° in France and the 3 ° in the south of France  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyjK91lOcdM

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else see the pictures of the supposed 99 point car in for sale section
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2021, 10:53:40 AM »
Yes Randy (gt350hr)…you were right, it is the same Ron Miller from Ford Power Parts (FPP) where you worked years ago and where you met your wife Carol who was working for me at the time. Now that my history is confirmed…

As I replied to Bob Gaines I am NOT, NOR HAVE I EVER CLAIMED TO BE A SHELBY EXPERT!   As I am sure you remember, I am an expert on FE Ford Engines and  I am very knowledgeable on Sm blks, 351C and 460 series engines,  as well as on 65-70 Mustangs, since approximately  400 went through my hands over the years. But I am not considering myself an expert on Mustangs either. 

Maybe someday I can only hope to be an expert in all areas, as you seem to portrait yourself  for years;   I suppose that it is based on your vast knowledge that it gives you the right to criticize and bad month  people that you don’t consider being at your level of expertise.

If you re-read my text of the car for sale, you will notice that as soon as it was brought to my attention that this car has not been judged at a Shelby event, please note  that I rectified it immediately  because I realized that  it was not accurate for me to claim that it  was a 99 point car.  With an add on note, I specified that it has not been judged and never graded at a Shelby car show.  Also on my outgoing emails in relation with this car, I removed the “99 point car”, but I left it listed as a #1 car, which I don’t think that this statement could be debatable.

This being said, if for years you kept some grudge against me, about which I totally ignored the cause… or if you have some kind of a personal vendetta against me, why don’t you simply come to me directly, either by getting together, or by emailing me or write me a letter to let me know what are the unresolved issues, so we can “bury the hatchet” instead of all this ongoing behind the scenes back stabbing? Who knows, maybe I’ll even buy you a chicken dinner!

This country (and the world at large) are in enough turmoil right now, so all of our energies should be focused on healing, being proactive in trying to fix the problems, and helping each other before it is too late, instead of quibbling over some possible minor issues that may have happened 25+ years ago.

And in closing I really appreciate all the feedback received here about what is incorrect  about this car and I am looking into everything suggested. Thank you!!

Yes it IS a free country and "I" choose to not be your friend. I see no benefit. I ignore you because I can and there is no grudge or vendetta as you imply. Yes I met my future wife while moonlighting for you , but why does that matter?  For the record , I enjoyed helping you at FPP . It's too bad it is no more. You know why Carol and I left , enough said.
  When ANYONE makes statements like you did on this car , I respond .  If you need to continue this I suggest you go to PMs.
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2021, 11:06:48 AM »
Its good to know that after many decades of holding feelings in... that we can sorta all get along. Couple of take aways from this, Ron does come across some very good cars for resale- Randy builds some fantastic engines. There is a place for ALL to play in this sandbox. Be well !

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2021, 01:16:41 PM »
     Ron has helped many and again , I have no ill will . I chose a different path 34 years ago and I'm still on it. I don't expect (or care) anyone to understand , it's "MY" choice.
     Back to the car , no more personal stuff please.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2021, 05:03:05 PM »
Great looking car, has a few issues, but I'll take it as is !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2021, 05:26:52 PM »
Why don’t the critics post their cars for comparison.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2021, 05:47:54 PM »
   Mine will never be a "99 point" car as long as I own it , but I still know what one should look like /have.

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2021, 06:05:07 PM »
   Mine will never be a "99 point" car as long as I own it , but I still know what one should look like /have.

That was more of an observation Randy, I appreciate your knowledge but this was direct more at the forum - IMO it’s really a nasty place full of what appear to be envious people looking to S#!t on everything. Most have nothing to show but opinions.

When real questionable cars come up, if said car is owned or approved/inspected by the in crowd then even re-stamped numbers are ignored on this forum.

I am glad the registry has no relationship with this forum, if they did they would loose credibility.

I think SAAC should consider calling this forum something other then a SAAC forum, this would avoid any confusion that there may be a connection between the registry and this mess.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2021, 09:31:13 PM »
Lol, A similar Thread is going on elsewhere on this forum.

https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16247.0

The supposed Experts and the layman here on the "SAAC" forum will always be butting heads..........It never Ends ::)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:37:45 PM by 69mach351w »

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2021, 10:37:48 PM »
There is a lot of back and forth between the claims and the facts. It all started with the fan sticker.
It's certainly helpful to point out the dogs and repro/missing/wrong parts on a car someone is selling.
It's educational for the buyer who is spending his $$$ and even the seller may see why his wrongly restored car isn't worth Barrett Jackson Saturday night prices.
Sometimes though a "100 point" car gets sold without some of those OEM parts that helped it get the score - so it pays to have your purchase preinspected by one of the pros, not the handyman appraiser guy you find in the back of Hemmings.
I've been around these cars for nearly 50 years and don't have the knowledge of the current Concours Judges even though I did help the Yates' judge one year (that was enough for me - I prefer day 2 cars and history). If they are noticing problems in poor quality internet photos I'd believe them.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless