Author Topic: Anyone else see the pictures of the supposed 99 point car in for sale section  (Read 14348 times)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else see the pictures of the supposed 99 point car in for sale section
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2021, 10:49:23 AM »
   The criticism I gave would be the same regardless of who represented it OR owned it. It was PURELY in response to the "99 point" assertion , NOTHING more. As I have said from the begining the car is beautiful , just not a 99 pointer.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else see the pictures of the supposed 99 point car in for sale section
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »
   Mine will never be a "99 point" car as long as I own it , but I still know what one should look like /have.

That was more of an observation Randy, I appreciate your knowledge but this was direct more at the forum - IMO it’s really a nasty place full of what appear to be envious people looking to S#!t on everything. Most have nothing to show but opinions.

When real questionable cars come up, if said car is owned or approved/inspected by the in crowd then even re-stamped numbers are ignored on this forum.

I am glad the registry has no relationship with this forum, if they did they would loose credibility.

I think SAAC should consider calling this forum something other then a SAAC forum, this would avoid any confusion that there may be a connection between the registry and this mess.

You are way off base and if you feel this way why are you even a member of this forum.  You obviously got your feelings hurt by one of the experts and you keep grinding your axe.  Lay it down and if you have something positive to contribute then do so.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2021, 11:02:39 AM »
   Mine will never be a "99 point" car as long as I own it , but I still know what one should look like /have.

That was more of an observation Randy, I appreciate your knowledge but this was direct more at the forum - IMO it’s really a nasty place full of what appear to be envious people looking to S#!t on everything. Most have nothing to show but opinions.

When real questionable cars come up, if said car is owned or approved/inspected by the in crowd then even re-stamped numbers are ignored on this forum.

I am glad the registry has no relationship with this forum, if they did they would loose credibility.

I think SAAC should consider calling this forum something other then a SAAC forum, this would avoid any confusion that there may be a connection between the registry and this mess.

You are way off base and if you feel this way why are you even a member of this forum.  You obviously got your feelings hurt by one of the experts and you keep grinding your axe.  Lay it down and if you have something positive to contribute then do so.

Not true at all, look through every post I made or respond to, it’s an open book. I just think you (and those like you) have nothing to show us but your opinion. You can see what I own, what do you own ?
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2021, 11:13:28 AM »

Not true at all, look through every post I made or respond to, it’s an open book. I just think you (and those like you) have nothing to show us but your opinion. You can see what I own, what do you own ?

As I said, be positive.  I don't know why you care or it even matters but for information, I own a 65 GT350, 66 GT350 and a 70 GT500. 

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2021, 11:19:23 AM »
I dont feel anyone here that is passionate about these cars are off base. There are a handful of hard core people on here, feel that a concourse car is the best- only way to enjoy their cars. While 99.3 percent would rather enjoy their cars at social gatherings, race events, working on them by themselves and basically enjoying them as they were intended to be enjoyed. Where the OMG moment occurs is when people will pay for something other then a concourse car, and this leaves them in a scratching ass position that is hard for them to digest. Its like a freight train that cant be stopped, people want what they want and will pay what they want! Why fight the system... enjoy everyone and their cars for what they are, there are so few running around any more. Look at the latest SAAC event... 25-30 cars thats not a good thing. All the condemnation of everyone and their cars makes this place less and less every year. How bout a few atta boys instead of a F U your car doesnt live up to my expectations. From a casual observer of 45 years-

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2021, 11:21:42 AM »

As I said, be positive.  I don't know why you care or it even matters but for information, I own a 65 GT350, 66 GT350 and a 70 GT500.

Great, now please share what number cars you own and some photos so we can see your proper restoration in comparison. If you actually own these cars and they are correctly restored I will gladly eat my words. I found that most on the shelby forum lie and currently don’t own a Shelby.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2021, 12:03:05 PM »
     427hunter,
         I would like to ask a simple question. "In your opinion , is the subject car a 99 point restoration?"

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2021, 12:32:31 PM »
a handful of hard core people on here, feel that a concourse car is the best- only way to enjoy their cars. While 99.3 percent would rather enjoy their cars at social gatherings, race events, working on them by themselves and basically enjoying them as they were intended to be enjoyed.
I think your percentage is off. A simple look at the number of early cars at a convention will easily show owners now prefer to park and store their cars no matter what their point total is. Also more and more cars have disappeared into private collections never to be seen again until the owner decides to auction it off for his next whim.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2021, 12:35:01 PM »
     427hunter,
         I would like to ask a simple question. "In your opinion , is the subject car a 99 point restoration?"

The car was/is not my point, my point is this forum has turned into a S#!t show. There are few actual Shelby owners on the forum, as you know most lie about what the own, most can’t turn a wrench, and clearly have never restored a car themselves. If you or Bob get on the finer details of things I listen and respect your observations and opinions, many  here have nothing, not a car or a valid opinion since they have no concept of what it takes to restore a car. You notice the usual suspects never share their vin numbers or a photo. My opinion is if you don’t own a shelby,  can’t turn a wrench, your car is a POS , you shouldn’t be throwing rocks.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2021, 12:59:42 PM »

Great, now please share what number cars you own and some photos so we can see your proper restoration in comparison. If you actually own these cars and they are correctly restored I will gladly eat my words. I found that most on the shelby forum lie and currently don’t own a Shelby.

It's funny how you think that owning a Shelby is an entry card to enter or speak in some mysterious world or it makes a person special, sir it doesn't.  Like me, you have been blessed to be a caretaker of the brand, it will outlive you and someone else will carry it on.

BTW.... in the background is a 66 Rcode Fairlane (1 of 57 factory ford drag cars).  Not in the picture is Phil Bonners 64 LW Rcode Galaxie 1 or 25 HiRiser 4speed cars and 63 1/2 rode Galaxie.  I don't have pictures of the 66 on my computer but call Howard if you need assurance he can verify.

The 65 is number 109 original paint, drivetrain, unrestored car.  The 66 is 1078 undergoing restoration the original engine has been restored and was submitted to this site for their review and critique (of which I was not offended but glad to have the comments).  The 70 is previous bronze winner at a SAAC meet a number of years ago is number is 483281 (SCJ, drag pack, 4speed).

One question, how old are you? 

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2021, 01:01:43 PM »
427hunter,
       I asked you a question. By your definition you are "qualified" to give your opinion. Is it a 99 point car?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:08:05 PM by gt350hr »

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2021, 01:06:33 PM »
427hunter,
       I asked you a question. By your definition you are "qualified" to give your opinion. Is it a 99 point car?

No, but sh!ting on everything is not the answer.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2021, 01:12:08 PM »

It's funny how you think that owning a Shelby is an entry card to enter or speak in some mysterious world or it makes a person special, sir it doesn't.  Like me, you have been blessed to be a caretaker of the brand, it will outlive you and someone else will carry it on.

BTW.... in the background is a 66 Rcode Fairlane (1 of 57 factory ford drag cars).  Not in the picture is Phil Bonners 64 LW Rcode Galaxie 1 or 25 HiRiser 4speed cars and 63 1/2 rode Galaxie.  I don't have pictures of the 66 on my computer but call Howard if you need assurance he can verify.

The 65 is number 109 original paint, drivetrain, unrestored car.  The 66 is 1078 undergoing restoration the original engine has been restored and was submitted to this site for their review and critique (of which I was not offended but glad to have the comments).  The 70 is previous bronze winner at a SAAC meet a number of years ago is number is 483281 (SCJ, drag pack, 4speed).

One question, how old are you?

52, I am actually shocked you own anything based on your postings here.  I’ll  have to eat my words if you can turn a wrench and restored the 70 yourself.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2021, 01:48:21 PM »
   So that makes you and I in agreement that it is not a 99 point car . Now for those here that are not "qualified" to offer their opinions like you and I , "I" offered some key things ( in my original critique ) that kept it from being a 99 pointer as Ron felt it was.  My comments were not to degrade the car , just the claim.

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2021, 01:57:19 PM »
   So that makes you and I in agreement that it is not a 99 point car . Now for those here that are not "qualified" to offer their opinions like you and I , "I" offered some key things ( in my original critique ) that kept it from being a 99 pointer as Ron felt it was.  My comments were not to degrade the car , just the claim.

I just hate the pile on nonsense here, it’s a lot of work to restore a car, lots of critics few have anything. I own a few early Vette’s, everyone you meet claims to be an NCRS judge but funny enough few if any have a car. Drives me nuts to hear a bunch of B.S. from people that don’t have any idea what it takes.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:59:19 PM by 427hunter »

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown