News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Toy drive and fun drive today

Started by silverton_ford, December 05, 2020, 10:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

I went to a local Toy Drive today.  In previous years the event also has a pancake feed cooked by the local fire department and a car cruise-in.  Thanks to COVID this year it was only a drive-through toy drop, but it was still fun and great to support such a good cause.  The local fire department still received a great amount of toys (the 1938 Ford fire truck is barely visible in the photo below). 

After this I took the long way home by way of many local farm roads.  I stopped in a small town to take some photos in front of an old church that has now been restored and is used as a brew pup/eatery.   I hope you enjoy these photos.  It was cold today, but the sun was very refreshing and driving the car made for a perfect day.

SFM6S087

Brian, thanks for taking the time to post the pics and share the story. And I have to say that I LOVE the color of your car and those wheels! That's one of the best looking 66's I've ever seen.

Steve

mark p

Quote from: SFM6S087 on December 06, 2020, 09:49:33 AM
Brian, thanks for taking the time to post the pics and share the story. And I have to say that I LOVE the color of your car and those wheels! That's one of the best looking 66's I've ever seen.

Steve

+1  8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Side-Oilers

A gorgeous and bad-azz look!

Great job on the toy drive too.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

silverton_ford

Thank you for the kind words!  I appreciate it.   

I try to drive the car every dry day that I can right now, when not working of course. 

We have plenty of farm roads around here with no traffic and it is a lot of fun.   ;D

68krrrr

Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

FL SAAC

Better to give than to receive,  your a good man Charlie Brown
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert