News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Ford v Ferrari: Why there needs to be a Sequel!

Started by Richstang, November 28, 2020, 01:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royce Peterson

The Gulf GT40 story is just as interesting if not more so - beating Ferrari after Ferrari made the 427 illegal. I agree it would be fun and more appropriate to have Matthew M play Shelby. He's physically more like Shelby and his Texas accent is authentic. Damon did OK but his fake accent was obvious most of the time to a person who grew up in DFW.

Shelby and Gurney in the Toyota stable is not too uninteresting either.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

shelbydoug

As Dolly said, "this is what you get when you put ten pounds of mud in a five pound sugar sack."

It's amazing that the film turned out as well as it did trying to squish too much into too little a time frame.

I too noticed the inaccuracies but still enjoyed it.

My son caught me watching it again and asked, "how many times have you seen this?"
I just said, "...a couple...of dozen".  ::)

I think any way the sequel goes, it can't loose. Lots to be told there and explained to the uninitiated why there is such interest in Shelbys. Some will start to get the idea about the Legacy.

Ford's "ain't so bad either" but it's just not about the 'good ole' boys turning left for 500 miles on Sunday afternoon and bingin' the 'shine.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

Quote from: deathsled on November 29, 2020, 02:47:37 PM
Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 29, 2020, 02:31:49 PM
Based on my bit of involvement with Hollywood, and my substantial experience with car company execs, I would agree with 427heaven. 

Personally, I'd love to see a sequel. Foyt and Gurney and Shelby in '67 is a great story. (Definitely not with Damon, maybe Matthew McConaughey.)

But, the reality is what 427heaven and others here have already said:  The Hollywood of 2020 and beyond is not what it was when FvF was in development. And it's trending to get worse...lots worse.  The 25-to-45-year-olds who control entertainment today unequivocally do not want to make movies for people of our generation anymore.  The Ron Howard/Clint Eastwood type films will be limited to the life of those men, and their decreasing pull in Hollywood as they continue to age. Eastwood is a force unlike any other, with a big following. One he's gone, it's over for us guys who like the old days.

Rant over:  Heading back to my side-oiler-powered rocking chair now, with a torque wrench in my hand and a hearty f-you to woke Hollywood.
Well said.

VERY WELL SAID.
RARE  Signature Delete