News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Chrome breather advice

Started by hurlbird, November 29, 2020, 09:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlbird

I don't have the correct breather. Are these another rare as hen's teeth part or is someone reproducing? Not seeing anything on the site about these. Thanks

hurlbird

my cover has a 2" "chimney" that would not accept the style you recommend....

Bob Gaines

Quote from: hurlbird on November 29, 2020, 09:46:16 PM
my cover has a 2" "chimney" that would not accept the style you recommend....
Double check and make sure that "chimney does not twist out . Some people add that adapter so that they can use push on breather caps. FYI 68 Shelby LeMans valve covers do not come with "chimney's"
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

GT 350 used a chrome push on cap with the nipple made into it . It typically was marked with FOMOCO in block letters inside a rectangle.There is a very nice reproduction of that cap if you cant find a original. PM me for NOS ones if you want to go the extra effort.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

gt350hr

Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

hurlbird

thanks all. The hose from the breather to the air cleaner anything unique/specific?

Coralsnake

Yep, same as KR with a 90 preformed bend. No there is not a reproduction, but you can find heater hose that looks the same and cut to length
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com