News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

revive '68 luggage protector post

Started by 68blk500c, January 20, 2018, 09:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXShelbyman

Quote from: 68blk500c on January 21, 2018, 08:39:30 PM
Black has been available in a reproduction for some time.  Black used in 65-66 I know of; don't know others.  It is longer also. 
The Metuchen built '68 Shelby protector is not black.  Different years and different plants varied.  Good luck.

Just for grins I pulled the one off of a San Jose parts coupe I have. It is black and about 10 3/16 long.
When things go bad just hit the throttle, may not solve the situation but does end the suspense.

Formally watts428

mk31755

Pete and Tim;

I hope I did this right.  I haven't posted a picture in awhile.  I went back and was looking at prerestoration pictures of my 1968 Shelby gt500 convertible.  It had never been restored, other than a cheap repaint.  If you look closely you will see, what I believe is the, original luggage protector.  I'd love to know what ever happened to it.

Mark

cbrown

Thanks to you guys for reviving the  thread!!!  Need to  try make everyone aware that the gray style is out there or I'm stuck with a bunch of it...   I sell by the foot and leave it up to the end user to decide on length.  I am making notes and may try to put reference on site as to 68-70 specific lengths...  thanks again.

chris