News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mecum Bidder Pass Question

Started by SFM6S087, December 03, 2020, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM6S087

I got a bidder pass and one guest pass to go to the Mecum Auction in Houston. I've never done this before and got them free through my membership in MCA. Now I've decided not to attend. Don't want to take a chance of bringing Covid home to my wife.

Those passes both have my name on them.

Can I just give them to a neighbor and no questions will be asked when he and his daughter go in the door as long as they are wearing a pass? Even though neither of them is the person named on the passes?

Do I have to contact Mecum and request and official name change for the passes?

Am I out of luck and no one can use them if I'm not there?

BTW, I had no intention of bidding and didn't fill out any of those forms ahead of time. Only had plans to go and watch.

Thanks ahead for any help you can provide.

Steve

69mach351w

I'd say call Mecum customer service and get an answer from the "big cheese" themselves ;)

It'd be Hell to get all the way there going from an answer from a member here and something has changed or whatever case may be, and they not be able to attend.
JMO

Rickmustang

I've gone to two Mecum auctions this year. Nobody ever asked for an id.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

SFM6S087

Thanks, guys.

I case I wasn't clear, there will be no bidding. I just got these passes to gain entry to look around. And that's all my friend would do if I'm able to give these to him.

JMO, I went online and asked the Mecum folks about this. They said the bidder passes cannot be transferred to another person. But I'm guessing they think there will be actual bidding involved. And I'm not sure I want to tell them I just want to give the passes to a friend so he can get in free.

Rickmustang. Thanks for that reply. That's the info I need. I just want to give my passes to a friend so he can get in free and look around - like going to a car show. If they don't check to see if your I.D. matches the name on the pass he shouldn't have any problem. To be clear. He just hangs the bidder pass around his neck and walks in - no questions asked. Right?

Thanks,
Steve