News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Thinking? Buying?

Started by 67 GT350, December 04, 2020, 02:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427hunter

Quote from: 67 GT350 on December 06, 2020, 08:27:22 AM
OK what are we talking about here? The car that this cost was started about of another car?

You posted 393 and Bret said he used to own it....
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

gt350hr

I am still amazed at the effort put into some of these cars and the "minor " things missed , overlooked , added incorrectly. 393 is a nice looking car and a good amount of money was spent on it I'm sure. I'm NOT picking it apart but would like to show what I am talking about.
   1 "Front" label on the fan shroud
   2  pictures ( obviously to aid sales) taken with the 289 engine designation facing backwards!
   3 no pinch weld blackout.
   4 no "blackout" on the reproduction side scoops
   5 underside of hood is white - s/b blackout
   6 wrong shock bolts
   7 wrong fuel pump ( kind of expensive for a button top)
   8 Center cap on steering wheel is wrong
   9 "Replacement " tach ( expensive for an original "top logo" version)
   10 Brake pedal is NOT an automatic pedal. It is for a manual trans.
  SEVEN out of ten of these could be "remedied" for UNDER $100 even if you PAID someone to do it. #10 might cost another $100 IF you paid someone to do it. I understand #7 and #9 are costly items and difficult to source at times , but fixing the other 8 would be a BIG $$$$ improvement for far less than has been spent elsewhere on this VERY nice car.
   It makes "me " scratch my head but I guess it could be looked at as "bargaining points" for an interested buyer. AGAIN , ''Nice car" !
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Johnkn

I'm scratching my head on the hood corners at the headlight buckets,  aftermarket hood?   IDK

silverton_ford

Another rather easy change - it has a 1965 trunk lid on it.   Not the end of the world, but something for a buyer to think about changing if they want it more "correct".

....or just don't open the trunk around folks that know the difference..   ;D

DRGT350

Looks like a 65 left front fender too ?

J_Speegle

Quote from: DRGT350 on December 08, 2020, 01:04:16 AM
Looks like a 65 left front fender too ?

66's didn't start using the drivers side fender with the raised collapse features until Jan 66.

This thread over on CMF might help explain. One of the many surveys we do to help narrow down when running changes took place

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=1399.msg119005#msg119005

Reply #10 was my summary/findings at the time posting
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge