Author Topic: '67 K Codes  (Read 13259 times)

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
Re: '67 K Codes
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2020, 11:32:50 AM »
By chance, when the car was restored, was the blower originally red under the black paint?
The red paint was painted over in black for ford and Shelby applications >>> in the beginning.

I ask because this unique car has the paxton lettering on all parts, not cobra script.
The BB twin supercharged Cosby cobra should be the same, old pictures I found
Merry Christmas
John

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

JohnHouston

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2020, 11:51:07 AM »
I had an X code coupe. Unfortunately, it was not salvageable. I cut it up and threw it away one small part at a time.
I'm thinking you should have made limited edition watches, er, timepieces, out of it.  . .

John

Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2020, 01:33:34 PM »
On the topic of 67 k-codes, here is one owned by a fellow in the UK for about 30 years. Says it has the original engine.

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2020, 12:39:59 PM »
On the topic of 67 k-codes, here is one owned by a fellow in the UK for about 30 years. Says it has the original engine.

Nice K-code. Is that an original black fastback 4 speed?
If you have any other photos or info on this car please let us know (or please send me a PM with the details)
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2020, 02:43:46 PM »
I came across this car on Reddit; I don’t personally know the owner or the car but did ask some questions.

He has the build sheet and Marti report, indicating it was an original 4-speed with the heavy duty handling package, F70-14 wide oval white sidewalls with wheel covers, deluxe interior and heavy duty battery. One-of-one for folks who care about that. I don’t know about the original color. The current owner lives in Kent (SE of London) and shared that the car was exported to Belgium from the US then to the UK. It does get driven.

FWIW, he said his Marti report shows 489 Kcodes in ‘67, and 205 were fastbacks with a 4-speed.

The owner shared a few pics of the exterior. I’ve included another one here. I hope this is helpful!

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2020, 03:00:07 PM »
25 of those K-codes were done in wimbledon white at San Jose and sent to Shelby.
10 of them with standard cooling.
This is the one that has survived in Norway.

Wolfgang

At least one yellow and one blue 67 K-code in Norway.

4 K code in Norway.

This one http://www.ponysite.de/67_shelbygroup2_8.htm

And 3 fastbacks.

1 Yellow, 2 Blue. 1 of the Blue was White when new. None with competition handling package.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2020, 05:24:26 PM »
25 of those K-codes were done in wimbledon white at San Jose and sent to Shelby.

Wolfgang

4 K code in Norway.

And 3 fastbacks.

1 Yellow, 2 Blue. 1 of the Blue was White when new. None with competition handling package.
A nightmist blue fastback with competition suspension was sold last year from my area and went to Europe . I thought Sweden or Norway. I can't confirm because the seller said it went through a importer.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2020, 06:03:13 PM »

Wolfgang

4 K code in Norway.

And 3 fastbacks.

A nightmist blue fastback with competition suspension was sold last year from my area and went to Europe . I thought Sweden or Norway. I can't confirm because the seller said it went through a importer.

Most likely not Norway. Both the Blue ones has been here for many years.

I would look in Sweden  👀

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2020, 07:37:58 PM »

Wolfgang

4 K code in Norway.

And 3 fastbacks.

You may have misunderstood my post. The blue K code with comp suspension car I am talking about was here in the states and sold late 2019 or early 2020 then sent to Europe .It may be in Sweden or Norway now and you are not aware.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2020, 03:13:40 AM »

Wolfgang

4 K code in Norway.

And 3 fastbacks.

You may have misunderstood my post. The blue K code with comp suspension car I am talking about was here in the states and sold late 2019 or early 2020 then sent to Europe .It may be in Sweden or Norway now and you are not aware.

No misunderstanding at all.

When I state «most likely not in Norway», it’s based on direct access to the Norwegian DMV.

Sweden is another story, that may take some more time.

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2020, 10:28:54 AM »
I came across this car on Reddit; I don’t personally know the owner or the car but did ask some questions.

He has the build sheet and Marti report, indicating it was an original 4-speed with the heavy duty handling package, F70-14 wide oval white sidewalls with wheel covers, deluxe interior and heavy duty battery. One-of-one for folks who care about that. I don’t know about the original color. The current owner lives in Kent (SE of London) and shared that the car was exported to Belgium from the US then to the UK. It does get driven.

FWIW, he said his Marti report shows 489 Kcodes in ‘67, and 205 were fastbacks with a 4-speed.

The owner shared a few pics of the exterior. I’ve included another one here. I hope this is helpful!

Thank you for adding this second picture and more details on this car.
Since the owner suggests it is a one-of-one, he must have the Elite Marti for it. That's the only source that would have kind of info.
Would love to see that Elite for the production numbers breakdown. I 'm guessing the owner didn't post that
It sound like a NON Comp suspension car by the description with the type of tire and "Heavy Duty Susp'.   

Do you happen to have a link to the thread on Reddit. (I looked but couldn't find it)

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2020, 08:48:40 PM »
Today I received a clipping of a Marti Elite report noting only 4 Sauterne Gold painted Fastbacks (GT K-code) with a 4 speed trans.
It also noted 3 were fitted with the (6A) Black Decor Bucket seats.
The above repainted black car (factory Sauterne Gold) might shows (6G) Ivy Gold Decor Bucket seats.
If so, it would be the remaining 1 of 1 paint/trim combo, not even getting into any options (which would all be noted as 1 of 1).

Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2020, 09:21:57 AM »
Circling back to one of the original questions-have we dispelled the notion that all k codes "had to be" GT's. 

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2020, 02:15:19 PM »
Circling back to one of the original questions-have we dispelled the notion that all k codes "had to be" GT's.

I thought we already covered this question in previous posts.
Ford Documentation noted the GT package WAS a requirement for a K-code engine.

Did you see something that was contradictory to these statements?

Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2020, 02:20:46 PM »
Nothing contradictory-apparently, I overlooked the post...