News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

WTB: Original 67 Hood Pin set

Started by mtdubvee, December 14, 2020, 07:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtdubvee

Looking for an original hood pin set/kit with cables and all for a 67.

Thanks
Matt
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mtdubvee on December 14, 2020, 07:39:05 AM
Looking for an original hood pin set/kit with cables and all for a 67.

Thanks
Matt
By original do you mean Ford made or original type as in repro. For example the repro pins and plates that Branda sells are virtually the same as original. The click pins and lanyards are different when original is compared to repro. There is a big difference in price between original Ford made lanyards in good usable condition and reproduction which are close is the reason for asking. Many can get sticker shock if not aware.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mtdubvee

I would atleast like original pins and lanyards. I could get the plates from branda then.

Do you have any pins and lanyards?

Thanks
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mtdubvee on December 14, 2020, 12:13:09 PM
I would atleast like original pins and lanyards. I could get the plates from branda then.

Do you have any pins and lanyards?

Thanks
You missed the fact that the plates AND the pins Branda sells look like the shape of the originals. The rare original lanyards are the things that always stick out as reproduction because details look different.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mtdubvee

Still need some original lanyards. Anyone out there have a pair or even one?
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mtdubvee on December 15, 2020, 11:36:39 PM
Still need some original lanyards. Anyone out there have a pair or even one?
Only NOS or used single?

mtdubvee

they can be be used. I'm just looking for a nice originals.
I mainly just need a pair of original lanyards now. NOS or nice used.

Thanks
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269