News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

who's 67 owners manual is this

Started by davez, December 14, 2020, 12:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greekz

Congratulations!  A nice addition to your glove box.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

J_Speegle

Yes consider yourself a very lucky guy.... hope you didn't use it all up ;) on this find

Congrads
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

acapulco350

Quote from: 1175 on December 14, 2020, 02:06:00 PM
It's my car.  Fate, luck or karma intervened as I found this listing Saturday evening on EBay.

I ended up winning the auction and should be en route shortly.

Thanks for the interest.  More to follow.

Jon

That's a Christmas present come early for sure
And you found it yourself which is even more surprising
Glad to hear it found the correct home

QuickSilverShelby

$154 bucks for your original owners manual.  That's an amazing find and an amazing bargain.

Congrats.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Well, the original owners manual has been finally reunited with my car!  I wish I had more to the story, but previous owner of the manual's father was a literature collector, not a previous owner.  Early history of my car still seems to have some unknowns. 

Luckily I found it on eBay during a general 'Shelby' search the day before it was to end.  When I saw the original owners name on the cover and the VIN and other pertinent info inside the cover, my jaw dropped!  I tried to see if seller would end the auction early, but he was not interested in that.  I waited to bid until the last few seconds with guns blazing and heart pounding.  Luckily I won it and for a price considered low for an original manual.

Thanks for the interest guys!!

2020 has been a rough year for many of us, but good things are still happening!

Jon

You are stoked!!Fine Xmas present indeed.Congrats.

Richstang

I'm glad to hear you won this over anyone else and got it for a fair price.
WELL DONE!!!

Thanks for posting the photo of the car with the manual and the Shelby VIN tag....confirmed the 'Z' stamp. :)
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

SHELB66

That is not a story that one hears very often.  CONGRATS!!  Great picture by the way.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: 1175 on December 23, 2020, 09:49:58 AM
Well, the original owners manual has been finally reunited with my car!  I wish I had more to the story, but previous owner of the manual's father was a literature collector, not a previous owner.  Early history of my car still seems to have some unknowns. 

Luckily I found it on eBay during a general 'Shelby' search the day before it was to end.  When I saw the original owners name on the cover and the VIN and other pertinent info inside the cover, my jaw dropped!  I tried to see if seller would end the auction early, but he was not interested in that.  I waited to bid until the last few seconds with guns blazing and heart pounding.  Luckily I won it and for a price considered low for an original manual.

Thanks for the interest guys!!

2020 has been a rough year for many of us, but good things are still happening!

Jon
I'm curious.  What was the snipe number you put in at the last minute?  I've done allot of sniping over the years and if it were me and it was the manual for my car, I would have put in a big number at the last minute.  I would have gone at least $700 to guarantee I got it.   I don't think anyone else would have bid anywhere near that high but I would have wanted to be sure I won with a last minute snipe bid.

What number did you snipe in at the last minute?  Just curious.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

GT350DAVE

Jon is a really good guy and it is great that the original manual is reunited to the car.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry