News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1966 GT350 owner's manual

Started by kingieee, December 12, 2020, 02:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350hr on December 15, 2020, 10:42:19 AM
   Agreed Bob . That is why I carefully worded my post. I had many "private" dealings with Bill . I know how and where he got the blue cover manuals from. They were strictly replacements as you mentioned/know. They were not put in "new" cars .
   Randy
Randy,I don't think that these alternate variety manuals were placed in the cars by Shelby American. I think that the way the replacement manuals found their way into "new" cars was when the SA included manual was lost or stolen before the car was sold new the replacement manual was substituted. I have seen too many that had vin and owner information like many times that dealers would do when a car was sold new to think it didn't happen. Consequently I would consider these manuals concours correct given the usage. The information about them for the various years is not widely known and many who have never seen them or know the history may dismiss them as some kind of repro. I hope i can help shed some light on that.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

Agreed Bob. As I said I know the source.  I certainly have not seen "every" new Shelby SAI built! LOL  Completely agree , ''made for " SAI , "in the day".
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

jk66gt350

J_Speegle

Anyone want to guess when they might have been printed and distributed? - Late 66 during production, after production had ended in the fall of 66  - in 1967 as replacements sent to owners? Or possibly all the above.

Thinking of what might have been tossed in cars that didn't sell to the public until after the production year ended for example

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on December 15, 2020, 04:14:10 PM
Anyone want to guess when they might have been printed and distributed? - Late 66 during production, after production had ended in the fall of 66  - in 1967 as replacements sent to owners? Or possibly all the above.

Thinking of what might have been tossed in cars that didn't sell to the public until after the production year ended for example
My guess is they weren't made until the typical versions ran out after production for that year ended.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: jk66gt350 on December 15, 2020, 04:10:11 PM
Apparently there is even a repop version available on amazon -  https://www.amazon.com/1966-Shelby-GT350-Owners-Manual/dp/B00BGB6PJC
Nothing new. That is the repro version of the typical manual sold for the last 30 plus years by just about every Mustang and Shelby vendor,ebay etc under the sun and now amazon. Ironically when you have one of the replacement version manuals you can pretty much be assured that it is genuine because it is not main stream enough for someone to try and knock off unlike the normal manual.