News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

'65-'66 NOS trunk mat

Started by 2112, December 26, 2020, 11:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRGT350

Since trunk mats seem to be trending up- mine has a stamp, 9586-
Does any know of the significance of that ?

Dave

J_Speegle

Quote from: DRGT350 on December 29, 2020, 10:08:24 PM
Since trunk mats seem to be trending up- mine has a stamp, 9586-
Does any know of the significance of that ?

Dave

May include the date it was made and plant. Don't recall seeing similar markings on assembly line or early service parts.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

CharlesTurner

Quote from: J_Speegle on December 29, 2020, 11:07:54 PM

May include the date it was made and plant. Don't recall seeing similar markings on assembly line or early service parts.

+1, haven't seen a molded date or number like that on an assembly line mat.  They normally are ink-stamped in white with the engineering number and date.  There is usually a cross-hatch impression in the back of the mat also... which repro doesn't have (they are smooth).
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

NC TRACKRAT

Here's a real esoteric question:  Is there any difference between an original, production line mat and the service replacements?
5S071, 6S1467

Bob Gaines

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on December 30, 2020, 09:14:43 AM
Here's a real esoteric question:  Is there any difference between an original, production line mat and the service replacements?
Reply 16 and 17 give a few reasons why some service replacements are not the same as assemblyline. The good repros that I have seen must have been copied after later service replacements which is typical because they have all the same later issues.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby