Author Topic: 67 gt500e unique performance  (Read 4707 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 67 gt500e unique performance
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 01:36:32 PM »
Chris ,I think you are confusing SAAC with Shelby American in Vegas recognizing the cars in their registry of cars.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 01:47:11 PM »
Why dont you just build one and make some coin? It will be every bit as “real”

Just dont change the VIN

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 02:19:59 PM »
NO your thinking Pete!   Thats what i told him last week and we can build to his specs.  I told him Van was first though.... ;)

chris

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 02:51:53 PM »

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 03:26:00 PM »
NO your thinking Pete!   Thats what i told him last week and we can build to his specs.  I told him Van was first though.... ;)

chris

HAHAHAHAHA!!!  I'll take a baker's dozen of 'em.   Maybe get a Mach-e as well, to complete the series of unfortunate "e" names.   
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 07:49:21 PM »
Chris ,I think you are confusing SAAC with Shelby American in Vegas recognizing the cars in their registry of cars.

Bob,  So does Shelby American have a registry of these cars.  Do you or anyone know many  they actually completed?

chris

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 08:02:32 PM »
Shelby American only keeps an unpublished record of the cars manufactured at their shop i Las Vegas or one of their approved and licensed assembly locations.  They will verify as to whether a Shelby named vehicle is one of theirs if the Ford VIN, not CSX  They did not produce any "Eleanor" GT500E models.   number, is known.  They also keep records of vehicles that have come in for upgrades or custom work.  CS Licensing also lost the law suit regarding the use of Shelby name with the Eleanor model, so I do not believe that they kept any records for them from Unique Performance. 8)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 08:13:22 PM »
Current license holder https://www.fusionmotorco.com/eleanor-legacy

I wonder if I'd feel confident in having a company build me a car when they can't even get the VIN right on the original car. They list the engine code as 5 not S.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 08:30:47 PM »
Shelby American only keeps an unpublished record of the cars manufactured at their shop i Las Vegas or one of their approved and licensed assembly locations.  They will verify as to whether a Shelby named vehicle is one of theirs if the Ford VIN, not CSX  They did not produce any "Eleanor" GT500E models.   number, is known.  They also keep records of vehicles that have come in for upgrades or custom work.  CS Licensing also lost the law suit regarding the use of Shelby name with the Eleanor model, so I do not believe that they kept any records for them from Unique Performance. 8)
I thought they also kept track of the continuation CSX numbers.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 08:42:56 PM »
My bad, I meant the CSM for the later model (Las Vegas) production.  Yes, they also have the CSX numbers recorded.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2020, 08:52:45 PM »

Bob,  So does Shelby American have a registry of these cars.  Do you or anyone know many  they actually completed?

chris
They have something . Probably like the late model cars they have produced. It is not available to the public like a SAAC registry . You have to call them for any info and hope that they are in a good mood when asking for particular info I have heard. I lost contact with them after the 90's. Everyone I know has ether retired ,fired or died. That is except Gary Patterson who is the only one I know from the old guard. At least we were told as Cobra dealers back then that the cars would be in their registry of cars when the Unique project was just getting off the ground . They wanted us to get a huge deposit down for unique cars. It seemed like a ponzi scam.  None of the dealers fell for it so they had to do it themselves.As it turns out it was like a ponzi scheme  I know one guy who had put down 250 K deposit in the convertible you bought at the bankruptcy auction . That large amount promised him to jump to the front of the build line. Yeah right. I heard of others that were given the same promise as long as they paid in full . That was just one aspect of the scamy deals the Unique bunch were doing. The guy who had put the deposit down on the convert was very aggravated that you bought it out from under him (his words) at the bankruptcy auction. I know that was not the case and told him so. He just didn't want to bid high enough .  I told him he was lucky because he would just be throwing good money after bad given that if he bought it he would have to then find someone to build it for him.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby