News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Anyone know or seen this 68 Shelby for sale?

Started by anghelrestorations, December 23, 2020, 03:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anghelrestorations

I have a customer who is interested in this 68 Shelby that will be at the Mecum auctions in Florida in January.  Wondering if anyone has personally seen this car or knows any details of it.  I have not been able to come up with anything so far.  Link here:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0121-444480/1968-shelby-gt350-fastback/
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Bob Gaines

Quote from: anghelrestorations on December 23, 2020, 03:23:05 PM
I have a customer who is interested in this 68 Shelby that will be at the Mecum auctions in Florida in January.  Wondering if anyone has personally seen this car or knows any details of it.  I have not been able to come up with anything so far.  Link here:

I don't have personal knowledge of the car but judging from the pictures by themselves of the car my definition of unrestored and the writer of the Meacum hype is different. ;) For instance what aspect of the car in the pictures appears to be not messed with and why. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

KR500

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 23, 2020, 03:49:43 PM
Quote from: anghelrestorations on December 23, 2020, 03:23:05 PM

I don't have personal knowledge of the car but judging from the pictures by themselves of the car my definition of unrestored and the writer of the Meacum hype is different. ;) For instance what aspect of the car in the pictures appears to be not messed with and why. ;)
+1. I do not have any knowledge of the car either. Going by the supplied photos in my opinion there appears to be very little on the car hasn't been messed with..
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Coralsnake

Fletcher Ford? My apologies to Pletcher

Definitely restored....one example....

Repainted as noted by gold bumper arms.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Coralsnake

It says Mustang Ranch on dash. I think that was Richy Barnes (aka rockstar). I thought I read he had passed away. Most of the stuff he had, needed a really good inspection.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

anghelrestorations

I figured the "unrestored" claim was probably not true.  Big telling sign for me was that all the pinch welds on the bottom of the car are gold and not black.  Im not sure Richy Barnes is....Pete I will send you a PM....
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Royce Peterson

I think the "unrestored" description may mean no part of the car is properly restored..........
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Rickmustang

I went to a Mecum auction recently to bid on a car. Description said comprehensive restoration. I took my car trailer to bring it home. After my inspection, I left before it crossed the block.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

427heaven

Richy Rich was not a restorer but what he did have was a knack for finding and collecting early Mustangs. A friend of mine bought approx, 25-30 Mustangs from him... WOW.

Highly original unrestored.....not.!!!I understand a "glowing " description,but this one is straight out misrepresentation.

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)