News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Wanted - Carroll Shelby, Ken Miles check

Started by QuickSilverShelby, January 01, 2021, 01:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickSilverShelby

Does anyone have a Carroll Shelby signed check from Shelby American Inc., made out to Ken Miles and endorsed by Ken Miles, that they might want to part with?

I had a chance to buy one a while back but I had to buy a whole collection to get it and I was only really looking for this one item.

I know it's a shot in the dark but I thought I'd try.  I have a mint 66 GT350 owners manual (2nd printing) that I might trade.

PM me if you might want to sell or trade. 

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

QuickSilverShelby

Got one!!!!! I can't believe that I was able to get one but I've got one!  I am over the moon!!!!

A Ken Miles check signed by Carroll Shelby and endorsed by Ken Miles!!!! Holy freakin hell!!!!

Thanks you so much, to one of my fellow SAAC members for parting with a piece of history.  You.... are...... awesome!!!!

I know that this might sound a bit dorky but getting this check is somewhat epic in my nerdy world.

QWW

Side-Oilers

Very cool!  How much $$ was Ken's paycheck?  I know he earned every penny of it.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

QuickSilverShelby

The check to Ken was for $356.25.  The date on the check was July 25th, 1963.  I am still shaking after getting this piece of history.  My fellow SAAC member not only parted with this check but he sent me an additional "super secrete surprise".  I am so grateful for the amazing forum members here. 

I think I might have a bit of a tear in my eye  :'( I am so happy.  That or it's the rum  ;D

QSS

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Side-Oilers on February 07, 2021, 10:10:05 PM
Super cool!  Congrats!
Thank you.  The Ford v Ferrari move meant allot to me and it had a huge impression on me and my 20 old daughter, Julia. 

On this forum, we always talk allot about passing the torch to the next generation and this movie was a catalyst for that.  My 20 year old daughter ,Julia, is part of the next generation which I hope that I've passed that torch on to.  She loves Shelby's and she has already claimed my cars when I kick the bucket.

Damn kids!!!!   ;D

QSS