Author Topic: Scott Fuller Tri ys  (Read 5709 times)

TLea

• View Profile
Scott Fuller Tri ys
« on: January 02, 2021, 02:31:43 PM »
There seems to be a lot of conversation on this and other forums about the new Fuller headers. Let me start by saying these aren’t for everyone so I’m not trying to start a debate. However if you are looking for a 100% accurate perfect fitting as oem header than these are them. My history with them is I have been working with Scott for several years (I don’t make them) on making sure they are 100% to the original sets supplied and repeatedly test fitting to insure they were perfect. Since the production versions were made I have installed 3 sets on customers cars and every one is exact, both 4 spd and automatics no difference. Nice to have supplier who doesn’t stop at 90%

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Fuller Tri ys
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 02:35:34 PM »
Tim, what do they fit?
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 04:17:37 PM »
289 hp gt350s    I have known scott since back in the 90s and been to his shop several times and he has been here many times over the years.  I have  been working with him making rare parts and if he cant make the part concours correct at first he will keep improving it till its RIGHT. He has sent me parts to test fit and inspect before he starts selling them so changes can be made.  If more repo vendors would take the time to make the part 100% and test fit the part it would make restorations much easier and not be so frustrating trying to adjust and modify the part to try and get it to fit .  Its all about the details in scott fullers parts since he goes the extra mile to get it right vs some vendors who just want to get it out the door!!

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 09:00:34 PM »
Tim, what do they fit?
Tri Ys 65/66 350

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 11:59:17 PM »
scotts headers and H pipe should be a perfect fit.
1966 GT350 6s1761

Boxerville's Manor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 02:10:37 PM »
Scott's work is impeccable.  Because he has been able to "unlocked the right fit", he could sell them by the hundreds or even thousands if it was a price that was more reasonable with other great tri-y headers like Doug Thorleys at around $800 per set.  Scott Fuller Tri-y headers will cost you and I $2750.  I hope he can reduce production cost drastically to get down to a price that is affordable for most of us. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:18:44 PM by evantugby »

Scott Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 03:52:55 PM »
evantugby,

Why not buy the Doug Thorley's at around $800 per set then?

You seem focused on evaluating the cost of mine and where my price point should be. 

My pricing is based on what it costs me to make them.  The NRE costs, packaging costs, and production costs.  I don't track what other headers cost or evaluate mine against what else might be available.  I evaluate mine against known original assembly line parts only.  I know there are cheaper options.  I looked some up for you and made a couple of suggestions to you. 

Scott

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 05:16:44 PM »
price that was more reasonable with other great tri-y headers like Doug Thorleys at around $800 per set. 
tlea said “ Let me start by saying these aren’t for everyone so I’m not trying to start a debate”

Guess you missed that line? Sounds like you found great Doug Thorley headers, why don’t you buy them?

Boxerville's Manor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 05:29:51 PM »
price that was more reasonable with other great tri-y headers like Doug Thorleys at around $800 per set. 
tlea said “ Let me start by saying these aren’t for everyone so I’m not trying to start a debate”

Guess you missed that line? Sounds like you found great Doug Thorley headers, why don’t you buy them?

I read your message.  You didn't start anything.  I am evaluating which headers to buy currently.  Unfortunately it won't be Scott Fuller's headers...but I wish they were. 

Boxerville's Manor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 06:15:41 PM »
evantugby,

Why not buy the Doug Thorley's at around $800 per set then?

You seem focused on evaluating the cost of mine and where my price point should be. 

My pricing is based on what it costs me to make them.  The NRE costs, packaging costs, and production costs.  I don't track what other headers cost or evaluate mine against what else might be available.  I evaluate mine against known original assembly line parts only.  I know there are cheaper options.  I looked some up for you and made a couple of suggestions to you. 

Scott

Scott,
The rest of the mustang world needs you to solve the problem of price now.  We want your product.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2021, 06:35:00 PM »
Yet another example of why this forum needs a moderator. Oh, damn it, there is another resolution down the drain.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:41:26 PM by Coralsnake »

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 06:54:50 PM »

Scott,
The rest of the mustang world needs you to solve the problem of price now.  We want your product.
Now you are debating. I’m resisting locking this thread down but I want there to be free speech and fair opinions. You continue to suggest the price is inflated in an area (manufacturing) you obviously know nothing about. This is now 2 forums I have addressed your uninformed comments about what it costs to manufacture these parts. There is no margin for price reduction. This is what it costs to make top quality parts. Period. If you don’t like it move on and buy the lesser parts.
Every year my wife asks me what I want for my birthday. My reply is always the same. A slab side Cobra. Guess what? I never get one because I can’t afford it (or her).  Rather than contact every cobra owner and suggest they are overcharging for their cars I find contentment in what I have rather than whining about it.
Let’s try a different approach, what is your salary? Now justify it for me you are worthy of it.
I’m waiting.

By the way are these for a Shelby or a NJ Shelby clone?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 07:45:49 PM by TLea »

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 08:24:59 PM »

Scott,
The rest of the mustang world needs you to solve the problem of price now. 
           I’m resisting locking this thread down but I want free speech.
Every year my wife asks me what I want for my birthday. My reply is always the same. A slab side Cobra. Guess what? I never get one because I can’t afford it (or her).  Rather than contact every cobra owner and suggest they are overcharging for their cars I find contentment in what I have.....

Tim
I like this Diplomatic approach & response.
Well done.
And Happy New Year.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Doug C

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2021, 09:11:56 PM »
First I’d like to say I have no skin in this post but I do want to say something.  It’s up to everyone to buy what part they want for their car and it’s up to the person selling parts to charge “whatever” they want for a part regardless how they they got to that price.  I personally don’t think that posting on this site your disagreement with the seller’s price, I would talk to the seller and leave the rest of the SAAC community out of this conversation.                                                                   
Good luck with your search and I’am sure that Scott will continue to sell fabulous parts to the SAAC community.     

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 12:28:27 AM »
Free Enterprise!  If the best costs more $$$ than a lesser quality product, I'm good with that. 
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick