News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Battery cable source

Started by Brandon, March 25, 2021, 01:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Brandon on March 25, 2021, 09:21:03 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 25, 2021, 06:54:59 PM
In this particular case of originality and solving a big block dragging starter problem the original repro Marti cables and the gear reduced starter is the best way to solve the problem IMO.

Bob, given I have original cables, is it even worth getting Marti repro cables given you said they're thicker?
If your original cables are not damaged and are presentable then there is no incentive to change because ether will work fine when used with the gear reduced starter. The Marti cables are technically heavier gauge because of metric conversion but visually there is only a small difference.  The point I was trying to make is that the original style skinny cables regardless of genuine or Marti will work fine with the gear reduced starter unlike the stock starter with a big block on a hot day.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

roddster

Quote from: Brandon on March 25, 2021, 05:57:10 PM
Quote from: roddster on March 25, 2021, 04:03:41 PM
  As an aside, unless Marti Auto has already done this, you'll have to request they make the ground cable about 4" longer so you can route it correctly around the back side (fender area).

Are you saying I need to request Marti add 4" to the size of their cables?
Yes, unless, they have already started doing that.  The last time I bought a set of their cables was 5-6 years ago.