News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 GT500 Nightmist Blue, 4 speed, no stripes near New York City

Started by JWH, January 06, 2021, 07:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/blairstown-1967-mustang-fastback-shelby/7251688586.html

From the ad:
A real 1967 Shelby GT500 that has been meticulously restored from top to bottom. This is an original 4 speed, 428 dual quad, Nightmist Blue Shelby that retains a ton of originality.

All options and colors are confirmed with the Marti report, including all Shelby and Ford VIN stamps.

Anyone interested can reach out for a full description and detailed pictures.

QuickSilverShelby

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

That color looks especially good without stripes IMHO.oil pan ,upholstery ,steering wheel seem a bit off...

Quote from: 557 on January 07, 2021, 12:13:41 AM
That color looks especially good without stripes IMHO.oil pan ,upholstery ,steering wheel seem a bit off...

What is off on the upholstery?

That type of repop has a distinct corduroy pattern in the comfortweave part,at least in pics.A distinct vertical striped effect.

Quote from: 557 on January 07, 2021, 01:45:02 AM
That type of repop has a distinct corduroy pattern in the comfortweave part,at least in pics.A distinct vertical striped effect.

8)

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bill Collins

I believe this is 67400F2A01983, previously owned for many years by Ray Jones of Linden, NJ. I compared the ad photos to ones I took of the car when I looked at it in 2017 and many details match. There have been some detail improvements, such as the shifter, which was a Hurst when I saw it.

I spoke to Ray early in November and he told me he had sold it to a buyer in Columbia, NJ. The car had previously been advertised in Hemmings Motor News, I believe in 2019, for around the same price.

Ray was a rep for a major automotive paint company and the finish on the car is very well done.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Would a car as late as 1983 have the rear valence chrome exhaust trim originally?

GT350DAVE

Would a car as late as 1983 have the rear valence chrome exhaust trim originally?

No.
Support the SAAC Registry

shelbygt

Any chance anyone got a screenshot of this ad or remembers the price? Curious what this car was listed for.

honker

Is this the car, I have it in my files as for sale in New York, Dec. 2020 ? I have nine other photos I saved, if any one's interested.

Mike