News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

427 Cobra Expansion Tank

Started by Chad, January 07, 2021, 02:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Hey Everyone,  I was wondering if anyone had an original 427 expansion tank they wanted to sell?
Thanks
Chad

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Chad on January 07, 2021, 02:16:40 PM
Hey Everyone,  I was wondering if anyone had an original 427 expansion tank they wanted to sell?
Thanks
Chad
It may be prudent to remind potential sellers that the 427 Cobra expansion tank your looking for is different then the typical FE expansion tank.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Chad

Thanks Bob.  That is true the tanks for the 427 Cobras are a modified FE tank.  I would take the correct tank that I could modify if someone has one.  The part number is: C5ME 8A080 A

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Chad on January 07, 2021, 08:13:00 PM
Thanks Bob.  That is true the tanks for the 427 Cobras are a modified FE tank.  I would take the correct tank that I could modify if someone has one.  The part number is: C5ME 8A080 A
99% out there will be used with no way to identify other then with visual confirmation. Best to post a picture of the unmodified donor tank if you can because there are different fe tanks . Not all FE expansion tanks are correct as a basis to modify to a typical historical 427 Cobra style expansion tank. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Chad

Thanks Bob.  I will post a picture of my tank when I get it back from the radiator shop