News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Date code on HI PO distributor.

Started by aboss4tg, April 28, 2024, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aboss4tg

I have been putting together a HI PO motor with block, heads, and intake date coded 6K. My question is what date code distributor would be correct? Would the Fomoco or Autolite be correct? I see the Autolite with date codes in the 6J, M which are before and after the date on the block and not sure if I need the Fomoco or Autolite. Any help would be appreciated.

69 GT 350 Hertz
66 Convertible C code
66 Fastback A code
88 Saleen
89 SSP

Bob Gaines

Quote from: aboss4tg on April 28, 2024, 05:21:06 PMI have been putting together a HI PO motor with block, heads, and intake date coded 6K. My question is what date code distributor would be correct? Would the Fomoco or Autolite be correct? I see the Autolite with date codes in the 6J, M which are before and after the date on the block and not sure if I need the Fomoco or Autolite. Any help would be appreciated.

No absolute but if it mine I would try for a FOMOCO.Seen some early 67's with FOMOCO so there's that.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby