News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Scam Problem, paid a Mustang with paypal, need Help

Started by Kent, January 12, 2021, 04:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

Hello, I know some people here can help me with this problem. I bought a Mustang from a guy and I think he scammed me. I paid with paypal but they dont want to check the fraud really now, they told me to open a case. They told me I have to contact the seller. But I think he is only trying to gain more time to do some more fraud. He advertised the car again this night and maybe he wants to make more money. I have 2 phone numbers now, his paypal account, maybe his wells fargo account, an adress. Who can help me with this, maybe somebody knows a person who work for paypal, wells fargo, who can check his adress and phone number that I can check if everything is ok or not?I want to make sure that he really exists and lives at the adress. I dont want that more people get scammed from these person and I would like to get my money back. Please help.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

98SVT - was 06GT

Open a paypal case. Also contact the CC company or bank you have linked to the paypal account.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don't wait. All the methods to solve this that are available to you have short windows of opportunity.

If he produces the car, you can always cancel your actions with the bank and PayPal.

Might even want to contact the police in his town.

Royce Peterson

Ditto, I would call the local police to see if they can help. Don't wait!
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Kent

did it all they said I should contact my police in germany what absolutely makes no sense. Paypal say open a case yes but then I have to wait. At the moment I would like to find out if the guy really lives at the adress he claimed and so on like is his phone number longer registered or only a throw away number, etc. Maybe he is only not a good business man or an idiot. I just wait for my shipper who will call him for the pick up of the car if he then say not yet bla bla there is a problem. I think the most important thing is to clarify/ verify his identy. Maybe someone can help with that.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Kent

Quote from: Kent on January 12, 2021, 10:37:49 AM
did it all they said I should contact my police in germany what absolutely makes no sense. Paypal say open a case yes but then I have to wait and he knows what is going on and maybe delete all files, phone numbers and thats not good. At the moment I would like to find out if the guy really lives at the adress he claimed and so on like is his phone number longer registered or only a throw away number, etc. Maybe he is only not a good business man or an idiot. I just wait for my shipper who will call him for the pick up of the car if he then say not yet bla bla there is a problem. I think the most important thing is to clarify/ verify his identy. Maybe someone can help with that.

Kent

sorry double posted again, I missed the button with qoute and modify

Somebody here in the Forum said that he knows somebody working for paypal who can get back the money quick? Who was it? It was in one of those pookie threads I think

It really starts to become interesting he posted pretty much the same car again but now in another area with another phone number. Guys believe me this really starts to become a thriller.

FL SAAC

You should immediately open a paypal case, contact the credit card company and tell them that to put a hold on payment.

Next time you need  to inspect the purchase or have someone else inspect.

Good luck
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Kent

The damn lockdown dont let me do this. The best would be to track this guy and find out where he is really located in the states. At the moment he is using 2 phones.

Is the seller in the United States?

If so, Make contact with his local Police department.

Kent

yes he is in the US, I called them in the morning but they didnt want to verify his adress they told me I have to contact the german police here in my town in germany which makes no sense. I just want to see if the adress is right or not. If its right then I can send him the cops everytime I want but if the adress is not correct then I have a big problem.

If somebody can see the owner behind a phone number that would be also good because we now have 2 numbers. And he is using both.

gt350hr

Kent ,
      BE CAREFUL with PayPal. IF you call it fraud , Paypal  will investigate it as a stolen credit card or unauthorized access to your card , which it isn't and CLOSE the case!!! They did this to me ( for a much smaller amount) . They close the case and then you go to the resolution center. They tell you to contact the seller ( I have done this ten times now) as IF the seller is going to ''magically " return your money. Paypal "could" pull the money but WON'T because no "fraud" was found relating to the "payment". I have complained to Customer service AND their feedback  area. NOTHING has happened and I am STILL out the money!!
   GOOD LUCK!
       Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Kent

Ok very good advice, good to know. Yes Paypal sucks and we all know who owns paypal the same guy that building these horrible cars.

In these times its harder and harder to find people you can work and deal with, I miss the times 10-15 years ago when I bought cars from real car guys and not all these gas monkeys wannabe´s and scam guys. Its all going down.

IMPORTANT: He still scams people with the new ad, a friend of mine is texting with him and now he is doing the same. We try to get more infos. But its hard. Best would be to track his phones.

joephil

Warning :  ::)
I think that motor vehicles are not covered by PayPal purchase protection.  >:(

Kent

then it was for car parts  ;D as I said paypal sucks