News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Scam Problem, paid a Mustang with paypal, need Help

Started by Kent, January 12, 2021, 04:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Kent on January 21, 2021, 05:47:31 AM
I called paypal and I hope they help now, they also will check the account as I think he did more fraud to other people.

I paid it all with credit card yes do you guys think I can get the money back over my credit card?
I've found my credit card company to be pretty good.  Anytime I've had a fraudulent charge they have refunded my money with little difficulty.

I think you stand a good chance getting your money back, mainly because your cc company is involved.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Kent

Ok I will have you guys updated and later I will tell you how this guy tricked me. I can tell you guys it was a new dimension of very professional scam.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Kent

Ok here an update I recieved the big amount back from paypal but I still miss 1500$ because I did send it first as a deposit with family/friends from my tablet and that get used by my girlfriend always and the paypal is set up for family/friends on that one. I dont know if it makes sense now to take the money back over my cc company. Or I will send the guy some messages that he still owe me 1500$ and I want it back. I have no idea at this point.

Pretty happy I recieved back the big amount. But I will be more careful than before, I had a lot of scam attacks etc. craigslist is really worse also some other but I always had luck. This time not.

What is the best I can do now? He is still active with his phone numbers.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

chris NOS

Good news you got money back !!!! And please can you tell us what kind of professionnal Scam it was ?

Quote from: chris NOS on January 30, 2021, 08:20:24 AM
Good news you got money back !!!! And please can you tell us what kind of professionnal Scam it was ?

+1

Please post a link to his ad.

pmustang

That is amazing!

I wonder if it is because certain transactions are now held for a while before the money transfers

I was told to pound sand a while back when I was defrauded. Both PayPal (well I "Won" but was awarded 8 pence) and my credit card said they couldn't help more

Congrats on getting a large amount back

I am Happy to be proven wrong here

FL SAAC

Call it a day, $1,500 lessons learned

Good luck on your other ventures
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Kent

I dont stop now, I have to many infos about the guy.

BTW I bought over 300-350 cars maybe more in the last 20 years so I really know all the bells and whistles of scam, spam, hacks etc. I had a lot of bad days with hacked pc´s, accounts etc. Guys that want to sell me something and so on. The most people want deposits, some the whole amount. And it really becomes more worse, I know one guy he paid over 35.000$ for a car in the US, he had seen it on video call, all papers were there, they arranged a truck and a shipment for overseas and yes there were real shipping documents but the car was never shipped to germany. And the guy who sold it gone.I can fill books with these horror storys but It never happend to me oh wonder  ;D I´m really careful and I know a lot of tricks how to stay away from trouble and solve problems (like the one with paypal)

The scam was really good I know the nigeria stuff etc. and believe me they try it every week with new stuff but this one was very good and he definetly is a us citizen what will be his problem in the future when I send him what I can get, police, lawyer etc.

He advertised at craigslist, I called him, 20 minutes later video call he showed me the car, he did send me the title and the bos. I paid deposit and later the rest.

Then he was struggeling arround that he is in holidays, we tried 3 pick up dates in 2 weeks nothing happend, then he advertised a 99% similar car (but it was another one) with another phone number, my friend called and it was him again. When I saw the ad, I only thought that must be this guy. Car was now 300 miles more south in another big town than before. So again he showed him the car in the garage and now oh wonder It was the same car he showed me. That was when I knew big trouble is coming up, he advertised 2 times a pretty much the same car in 2 different locations with different pictures, ok something is wrong. I called him several times but he always told me that he is in holidays bla bla then the last time when the 3rd truck tried to pick up the car and he told me he will be at home he didnt took calls from the trucker or me. After that I open up the paypal case.

I dont know if he ever want to sell this car and if this car is the one he sold me or he advertised later again which was not to 100% the gar in the garage, or maybe if the house is owned by another guy who knows. But I definetly can tell he is a cheater. How he is cheating no idea at the end but I think he use the car in the garage as the bait and so he recieves a ot of payments etc. But I had to laugh when I saw a 3rd ad with a mustang for exact the same amount he owe´s paypal now because they took the money from his account when I started the case.

I definetly will follow it, I grew up with really no money when I was a kid, I´m from east germany so I really know what hard working, real honesty, handshake business and to be a straight sincere man. I know the older generation and also some younger people are like me but its shrinking from day to day which is really sad.

And for the other 1500$ I will hunt him, and if I visit him personally with the cops when I can fly to the states again.

Maybe somebody has a good advice how I get the rest back now. Lawyer. Agency. Police.

If someone wants to earn some money I can give him the adress of the guy, when its correct. ;D (its in Texas)

KR Convertible

Why don't you want to post the listing??  It could help someone else avoid the same scam.  Am I missing something??

chris NOS

yes , please post the listing , because it can be somebody from France too who can get scammed , i would put it on french forum too.

Kent

The listings are all deleted he deleted them after some hours. And it was always late at night when he posted so very early in the morning here in germany.

If they would be online I would post them.

Do you have a contact to the guy in france? Maybe we do something if its the same guy. As I said I´m not finished yet with this guy. He picked the wrong guy.

427hunter

You need to post all the information, car photo's, vin, address, phone number and name / names used for the scam - all of it. Then at least the information is on line and searchable for the next victim.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Kent

I think he is so clever that he change the infos all the time, at the moment I investigate and some other people also so I dont want to post to much. If I can get a contact to the guy in france that would help maybe he got scammed by the same guy.

chris NOS

Kent , i don't know anybody that got scammed, i just wanted to warn on french forum about the crook ... sorry for misunderstanding .Chris.

Kent

Here we go he is "working" again

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/houston-1965-mustang/7318377867.html

new phone number, same bullsh.....

He still owe me 1500$ from paypal

If somebody can get his real name and adress that would be awesome

he deleted the 2 other phone numbers already this is the actual one now in the ad.

Maybe someone can find out his paypal adress he is using now so I can send an alert to paypal