News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

R-Model valve covers

Started by mlplunkett, January 15, 2021, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlplunkett

Looking to fab a set of R-Model valve covers and wondering if the add-on tube at the unconventional location on the second cover has a baffle or does the length of the tube make a baffle unnecessary? Anybody got photos of the bottom side of original valve covers? I also notice in looking at available photos that some of the modified second covers have a plug over the original breather hole location and some don't seem to have ever had a hole. Which situation represents the originals?
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

gt350hr

I too have seen them ( originals) with and without the hole in the pass side. The tubes used ( originally) were from the FEs and have baffles in them so the one in the cover can be eliminated. John Morton welded a bunch of them in the day . There are some variations as should be expected.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

mlplunkett

I've never heard that the tubes came from an FE application. Is that something that might still be available? Can you describe the internal baffles. I'm wondering how to replicate them if they aren't available.
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

shelbydoug

Quote from: mlplunkett on January 15, 2021, 07:53:13 PM
I've never heard that the tubes came from an FE application. Is that something that might still be available? Can you describe the internal baffles. I'm wondering how to replicate them if they aren't available.

I think that they are the oil fill tubes on the FE intake manifolds. Those have an internal baffle.

Reproductions are available from Mustang parts vendors. I think I just saw them at Branda's?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

CSX2259

Yes, they are available from a number of retailers.

gt350hr

+1 easier to buy than make them.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.