News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT500 engine id decal

Started by shelbydoug, January 15, 2021, 09:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 17, 2021, 12:14:52 PM
Quote from: roddster on January 17, 2021, 11:19:23 AM
  And the Font style is??

It's probably Microgama bold but you need to match it up with the chart.

On the subject of the metal tag, where does it mount on this engine? I'd think maybe under the coil bracket?
Under the coil bracket is the typical spot.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

I'm working with this guy who says he can make the label exact to my specifications.

Notice that his label has the "tape dispenser" cut on the ends?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-1965-1966-1967-1968-Ford-Mustang-Engine-ID-Decal-Factory-Exact-Sticker/163176367533?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

We'll see? It's only seven bucks.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 19, 2021, 08:33:42 AM
I'm working with this guy who says he can make the label exact to my specifications.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-1965-1966-1967-1968-Ford-Mustang-Engine-ID-Decal-Factory-Exact-Sticker/163176367533?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Tape dispenser ends is how I have always found them . At least the ones that were in good enough shape to tell. They were not designed to last any longer then when the engine was installed. Ecs is great company. They have resisted making them before because they didn't have a good sample to go by I am told.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Well perhaps they are turning over a new leaf? I'm waiting for a reply. Usually it's late in the afternoon?

If the information, besides the L (Lima) plant ID, is NOT correct on JD's posted picture, and they will print the correct information according to the specs that I give, and they can do it with the "tape dispenser" cuts, for $7, it's worth a shot?

Offhand right now, I don't remember if it's laminated or not, but I would think that would help even if the originals were just paper with no lamination?

It's not a life and death thing to have on the car but it is kinda' cool. It's something that the builder (me) needs to feel good or even better about the effort put in.  8)

The next label is going to be for the rear axle housing. Why stop at just the engine?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 19, 2021, 10:58:47 AM
Well perhaps they are turning over a new leaf? I'm waiting for a reply. Usually it's late in the afternoon?

If the information, besides the L (Lima) plant ID, is correct on JD's posted picture, and they will print the correct information according to the specs that I give, and they can do it with the "tape dispenser" cuts, for $7, it's worth a shot?

Offhand right now, I don't remember if it's laminated or not, but I would think that would help even if the originals were just paper with no lamination?

It's not a life and death thing to have on the car but it is kinda' cool. It's something that the builder (me) needs to feel good or even better about the effort put in.  8)

The next label is going to be for the rear axle housing. Why stop at just the engine?
yes I have seen a thin clear outer covering separate from the paper on some examples I have seen. It sticker is similar to the other engine ID sticker they make.

6R07mi

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 19, 2021, 11:06:19 AM
yes I have seen a thin clear outer covering separate from the paper on some examples I have seen. It sticker is similar to the other engine ID sticker they make.
[/quote]

Bob, as I recall, the clear outer film is much thinner than say "clear packaging tape", it's a very thin "skin" ??

jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6R07mi on January 19, 2021, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 19, 2021, 11:06:19 AM

Bob, as I recall, the clear outer film is much thinner than say "clear packaging tape", it's a very thin "skin" ??

jim p
[/quote]If making your own engine sticker the packing tape will work given you can't tell how thick the clear is from looking at it after applied to a made up sticker. Yes the original is thin just like used on the repro engine stickers ECS makes up.

J_Speegle

Quote from: 6R07mi on January 19, 2021, 02:32:14 PM

jim p

Correct but still attached to the  paper and applied to the engine its very very difficult to determine the thickness of the layer. Only once the decal starts coming apart after years on an original is the thickness apparent. Plus the packaging  or "magic tape" (if you want something very thin) is readily available for those DYI individuals

Never a comment or notice in over twenty years :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Are you waiting to hear back if they have 428/manual ?

shelbydoug

Quote from: 2112 on January 19, 2021, 03:40:53 PM

Are you waiting to hear back if they have 428/manual ?

I asked on Friday and they responded yesterday stating that they can make anything that I want but that I'd have to supply the details for the label since they had no data for the 67 GT500.

I answered this morning explaining what I wanted and asked for confirmation that they could make it. As of this moment they have not replied.

At this point they do not have a "400" pre-made and have no data to make one accurately. I would need to give them that info.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelby1848

I am also working on having an engine decal made for my '67 GT 500, manual, no a/c and no thermactor.  Trying to verify factory timing.
Is it 8 degrees as the NPD sticker reflects in this thread or is it 6 degrees as found for 428 CJ cars?  Motor built designation is a D for Dearborn, thanks to Mr. Bob Gaines.
Trying to figure out font for the D and timing number?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks;
Mike

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelby1848 on January 29, 2021, 05:57:06 PM
I am also working on having an engine decal made for my '67 GT 500, manual, no a/c and no thermactor.  Trying to verify factory timing.
Is it 8 degrees as the NPD sticker reflects in this thread or is it 6 degrees as found for 428 CJ cars?  Motor built designation is a D for Dearborn, thanks to Mr. Bob Gaines.

Thanks;
Mike
I have learned if all else fails read the owners manual. 8 degrees.

tonys_shelby

Hey Mike would you be interested in making extra and I would purchase a few from you?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelby1848 on January 29, 2021, 05:57:06 PM

Thanks;
Mike
Mike ,I thought I sent you a picture of a sticker with the D ?