News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68 GT350 fuel line installation details

Started by Corey Bowcutt, January 22, 2021, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

With the refresh of my undercarriage I am replacing the fuel line and I have two questions.

1) I received my new fuel lines from Classic Tube yesterday and there seems to be a difference between the new and old tubes.  With my old tubes there was a rubber fuel line that ran completely thru the drivers side torque box to join the tube from the tank to the tube that goes thru the apron.  The new tube seems to be long enough that the tubing runs thru the torque box and there would just be a very short rubber hose connecting the two tubes.  I am assuming the rubber hose thru the torque box is incorrect.  Can anyone confirm what is correct?

2) I want to confirm what hose clamps are used for every joint between the tank and the carburetor.  I am assuming the olive drab spring clamps are used everywhere but have seen mention of pinch clamps being used in some of the locations.  Can anyone clarify for me?

Thank you,  Corey

Coralsnake

Clamps were painted silver

You are correct the hose should be very short
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

The factory clamps that were olive drab were for 67 and for 5/16 fuel line. The silver clamps are for 68 and up 3/8 line.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Corey Bowcutt

Thank you all.  So no pinch clamps were used is that correct?

TLea

Lot of variables here.  When was car built?  Spring clamps used at gas tank, mid section and hose to fuel pump  except through about Feb 68 #2 whiteks used and mid section. At carburetor keystone clamps if factory carb install. Shelby install and dealer install carbs likely spring clamps but if dealer could be anything

TLea

Hose section at gas tank and mid point should be 4"

Corey Bowcutt

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Rukiddin

Jan '68 with 3/8" hose