News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Tesla Roadster 1/4 8.8

Started by FL SAAC, February 01, 2021, 09:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Roadster | Tesla
https://www.tesla.com/roadster

Base Specs

Acceleration 0-60 mph

1.9 sec

Acceleration 0-100 mph

4.2 sec

Acceleration 1/4 mile

8.8 sec

Top Speed

Over 250 mph

Wheel Torque

10,000 Nm

Mile Range

620 miles

Seating

Drive

All-Wheel Drive

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

600 mile range is good, I think now the electric might be good, other than, it will use "dirty" electricity to charge it, "dirty" batteries to manufacture them, cost too much.
AND just to be real, it is too fast for todays kids.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 01, 2021, 11:27:07 AM
600 mile range is good, I think now the electric might be good, other than, it will use "dirty" electricity to charge it, "dirty" batteries to manufacture them, cost too much.
AND just to be real, it is too fast for todays kids.

This is where the industry is going,  I don't believe that I will own an electric car.  They just don't shake rattle or roll.  But they are fast and becoming more efficient in their travel range.

Wait ! We just had an administration change, gas is creeping up . Heck maybe when it hits $15 dollars a gallon I maybe interested in one....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

Tesla: silent, but deadly.  I feel the same way about something else. 8)

Have any of these been produced?

Weren't they $250,000+  ?

Side-Oilers

Tesla: Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.  (Another what-if like the Tesla Truck or 18-wheeler?)

If this comes to fruition,  I'll give it a solid nod for the incredible performance.  Those numbers are mind blowing.

But, it's waaaaayyyy too much power and acceleration for the typical greenie who will drive one. 

It needs to come with a warning sticker:  "Expect a big crash within the first half hour of ownership/lease-ship." 

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

CSX 4133

FYI, the projected range is severely impacted when the car is driven in cold weather (mainly thru heater use) and battery loss per year is projected to be 2.3% in mileage loss. Recycling of spent battery innards will be the next hurdle to gain some acceptance.

shelbydoug

Quote from: CSX 4133 on February 01, 2021, 03:05:03 PM

FYI, the projected range is severely impacted when the car is driven in cold weather (mainly thru heater use) and battery loss per year is projected to be 2.3% in mileage loss. Recycling of spent battery innards will be the next hurdle to gain some acceptance.

Yes, they still have some issues not to mention 7year life expectancy of 8,000 AA batteries, and an 8 hour recharging period.

I think eventually they will be as hot roded as much as everything else is though.

The Prius is spooky quiet and can creep up on you. Not so the Tesla's. They have a whine to them.

We have a bunch of the Tesla's running around the neighborhood. Very nicely assembled vehicle. Finish is high level.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on February 01, 2021, 11:31:58 AM
Wait ! We just had an administration change, gas is creeping up . Heck maybe when it hits $15 dollars a gallon I maybe interested in one....

Now you've figured out why Pelosi bought Tesla stock the day before they voted that the entire US .gov fleet shall be electric and made in America.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Kent

The the gov can buy a Ford they also will have some nice electric cars and the Cobra Jet E1400 is faster than the Tesla.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68