Author Topic: Firewall insulation and trunk mat  (Read 1171 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Firewall insulation and trunk mat
« on: January 22, 2021, 03:43:22 PM »
Had a gentleman with a San Jose built coupe that wanted some work done on it but the car has more problems than anticipated (doors are rotted out, has holes in the roof from removal of vinyl top, cowl rotted out, interior needs replacement, etc) he has decided to get rid of the car. In looking the car it has an original trunk mat in great shape, and a “dimpled” firewall insulation pad that appears to be undamaged
We are trying to talk him into letting us remove these items and sell them for him
Any ideas on the value? 
Will post pictures this weekend
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Firewall insulation and trunk mat
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 06:44:09 PM »
Both items are easily damaged during removal.  I'm sure someone will offer advice on process.  I'm guessing proper support and a little warmth.  Good luck.

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 05:27:42 PM »
how much for the car ?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 06:03:25 PM »
$4,500 Runs, but needs cowl repair, doors, interior, heater box wiring under dash
Rust is in the doors, small section of floor, cowl is toast, and both C pillars have rust, the right one has holes in it, rust bubbles on the lower part of the left rear quarter lower panel.
Has a GT light bar in the front, aftermarket radio, styled steel wheels, white with light blue interior, has a under dash A/C that looks like an original, but had later model compressor, 289 2barrel with automatic and P/S
Want to come look at it. its only about 15 miles from you
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 07:17:19 PM »
yea i will come look  :)
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .