Author Topic: THE WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM  (Read 2240 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
THE WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM
« on: January 24, 2021, 10:02:48 AM »
What a name, what a joke the washington football team !

what's the chant....Let's go THE ?....Let's go TEAM ?....Let's go WASHINGTON ?    all pretty lame...

The only reason I post this is because again I hear that another well known name may fall,  the Atlanta Braves. A petition has been started to erase this institution. I don't live in Atlanta but have always admired the Braves team and their players. Another one bites the dust...

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: THE WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 01:13:45 PM »
We all just stopped watching sports and tV in general. Just turn it off. We threw out out TV in 08 and never missed it. Now we do watch small stuff on u-tub but that's about it.
How about we start up a pack to put the TV to the curb and not watch it? Take it to Best Buy and put it in the parking lot with a note saying free/works. Don't watch it. All it does is lie to us anyway.

Getting rid of our TV set us free. I play with my cars more now. What would you do with your extra time?
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 07:14:58 PM »
You know when I posted this I hoped the owners would not go through with the deletion of a great institution,  the Redskins.  Guess in this atmosphere everything has to be sterile

" The Washington Football Team " what can I say to ALL those fans ? Go Dolphins  !

Washington Football Team's new name, logo will have no 'linkage to Native American imagery,' president Jason Wright says
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31806179/washington-football-team-new-name-logo-no-linkage-native-american-imagery-president-jason-wright-says

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 08:43:07 AM »
I just don't get it, no one would name a team after someone they didn't respect so why all the opposition to these names???
By the way I gave up all professional sports way back in the 90's when baseball went on strike and the owners caved (they said it wasn't about the money but when the owners shelled out more money it was all right then). Looks like I may also have to give up college sports when they go pro... >:(  It's all about the money)... :o

I'll step down from my soapbox now... ;D

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 10:26:50 AM »
Well,thank god tall people aren’t getting upset about my beloved San Francisco Giants  name….. ;D

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 10:33:10 AM »
You know when I posted this I hoped the owners would not go through with the deletion of a great institution,  the Redskins.  Guess in this atmosphere everything has to be sterile

" The Washington Football Team " what can I say to ALL those fans ? Go Dolphins  !

Washington Football Team's new name, logo will have no 'linkage to Native American imagery,' president Jason Wright says
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31806179/washington-football-team-new-name-logo-no-linkage-native-american-imagery-president-jason-wright-says
70 years old, born i Richmond, been a Skins fan forever. No matter what the PC police call them , they'll always be the Redskins to me ! And most fans , I believe.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 11:02:43 AM »
Why are COWBOYS ok but INDIANS are not? Half of AMERICA has a strong tribal presence, one of the great debates. They were here first, we can take care of our fellow redman just as well as every other ethnic background.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 01:48:39 PM »
We all just stopped watching sports and tV in general. Just turn it off. We threw out out TV in 08 and never missed it. Now we do watch small stuff on u-tub but that's about it.
How about we start up a pack to put the TV to the curb and not watch it? Take it to Best Buy and put it in the parking lot with a note saying free/works. Don't watch it. All it does is lie to us anyway.

Getting rid of our TV set us free. I play with my cars more now. What would you do with your extra time?
I did the exact same thing. I could not agree more with you.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 02:04:49 PM »
We got the Marlins (tasty fish), the Hurricanes (pretty scary), the Dolphins (another tasty one), the Buccaneers (maybe offensive to peg leg pirates), the Panthers ( wonder  if they belong to the old group?), the Heat ( they are all burnt out), the Gators (the bites are tasty), the Seminoles ( oh boy heading into trouble and here)

Heck I am just glad to live in a State that still believes in freedom !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2022, 08:40:28 AM »
Viewed some highlights yesterday, still can't get over they changed the Redskins name.

The Washington football team is now the COMMANDER'S

It should have been the COMMODORES and the starting quarter back is Lionel Richie  .... 

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 10:41:29 AM »
Well,thank god tall people aren’t getting upset about my beloved San Francisco Giants  name….. ;D

The National Association of Vertically Challenged Persons (NAVCP) has started a petition.....
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 10:58:54 AM »
 Well, the Yankees blew it again, maybe a non-racist name change is in order? The New York "Exit-ers" would be a nice new name
RARE  Signature Delete

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2022, 12:10:52 PM »
Viewed some highlights yesterday, still can't get over they changed the Redskins name.

The Washington football team is now the COMMANDER'S

It should have been the COMMODORES and the starting quarter back is Lionel Richie  ....
.     Well, they would play…..wait for it……”All night long”…….. ;)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2022, 12:21:16 PM »
I doubt that any of them can carry a tune. At least the "Commodores" can...somewhat... and as a result provide somewhat of a social benefit?

Then again if any of you expected anything else from a bunch of overpaid crybaby millionaires who's main purpose in life is just to fight the billionaires, i.e., the owners then you should know better? It isn't really to win anything but beat the billionaires and collect their pay checks.

Personally I have no sympathy for any of them. They should have to get real jobs?

I suppose everyone should have a purpose in life?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 09:35:36 AM »
just when you thought it was safe to come out......

Jeff Bezos Interested in Buying Commanders, Perhaps With Jay-Z, per Reports | Sports Illustrated
https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/11/03/jeff-bezos-interested-in-buying-commanders-jay-z-per-reports

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy