News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT350 with Thermactor Coil Mounting Location

Started by Britton, January 25, 2021, 03:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britton

I am trying to confirm the correct coil mounting location for a GT350 thermactor (non-AC car).  I've seen it in several locations and think that either on the passenger side head (if there is enough space?) or intake is correct. Thanks.
1967 GT350 #2645

JD

my understanding is the intake, thermactor cars got a later version Shelby COBRA intake (there were two versons) with a tapped-boss for the coil. 

See attached image that compares the early for '67 S2MS vs the later S2MS on the bottom and note the red circle lower right which is where the coil would mount. 

There is also a S7MS intake that has the same additional bosses in the red circles.

Second image is a thermactor and A/C car with the coil in place on the top of the intake.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Britton

Thanks, JD. This is helpful. Looks like it should be mounted on the passenger side intake.  I don't have access to the car at this moment but know it has a S7MS intake. When I'm able I'll see if it has the boss referenced.
1967 GT350 #2645

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Britton on January 25, 2021, 06:46:02 PM
Thanks, JD. This is helpful. Looks like it should be mounted on the passenger side intake.  I don't have access to the car at this moment but know it has a S7MS intake. When I'm able I'll see if it has the boss referenced.
No question that all S7MS intakes have the coil mounting provision.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Britton

OK, thanks Bob. Sounds like it should be easy to mount it correctly on the intake then.
1967 GT350 #2645

J_Speegle

Same location and configuration as a non-Shelby that year with a 289 and Thermactor.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge